Spaceliner custom... long and low!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyStillz

Not the bestest, but the next asbestos.
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So this is my next build (first on the site). I am taking a 1964 Sears Spaceliner, making it look as long as possible, and adding my personal style to it. I have a couple of questions for the 'vets':
1. I have a 36 spoke 2spd bendix kickback. Can it be machined to take 72, without compromising structural integrity?
2. Should i do color and chrome, or bare metal with color on the detailing?
3. Where can I find a veriety of handlebar styles? Thinking of using the originals, but I want this beast to look as long as possible. Suggestions?
4. I would like to do a banana seat, or a regular seat that will fit in the crook right between the stem and the rear fender (chopper style) how do you mount that?

here are a few before pics, and a first mock-up.
P.S. The springer is from yeshoney (thank you much).

DSCF0266.jpg

DSCF0268.jpg

DSCF0165.jpg

DSCF0167.jpg

Here are a couple more mock-ups. Definitely going with the 24" on the front.

DSCF0186.jpg

DSCF0192.jpg

Stripped it down, and started going at it with steel wool and a wire brush
DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0010-1.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

Here is one of the donors...(have parts if anyone's looking)
DSCF0180.jpg

Finally got this build together! I now have time and space that align to start new projects, and finish old ones. The first 2 pics are the mock up I did for 'TOUR DE FAT' Denver last weekend. The last few pics are the final concept save for a lucky 7 seat post that will extend the line, and balance the reverse goose neck. I flipped the stem to create a stair step effect from stem, to beehive, to fender. Also, a 'bike build' first (as far as I have ever seen), a double front fender. Because I put a 24" on the front, there was a bit of a gap from the fender to the top of fork. I played around with a few ideas, when i came up with this one. It gives a 'satellite' dish effect that plays into the whole 'Spaceliner' namesake. Anyway, hope ya'll enjoy it, it was a long time coming on this Rust Rocket...BTW, I am looking for the white sears grips to go on this build. I am willing to trade the black ones, or name your price. Thanks: 'Stillz

DSCF0142-2.jpg

DSCF0158.jpg

DSCF0155-1.jpg

DSCF0169-1.jpg

DSCF0172-1.jpg

DSCF0171-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back