spaceliner / flightliner crown race??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my cups and crown race are shot. Pitted and rusted badly.

I got new cups via a wald 4080 headset that fit right it. Sadly the crown race that came with it did not. These goofy forks have no shoulder at all at the bottom of the fork crown....its just 1 inch all the way down. The tube and previous race diameter measure 25.4mm. Can a crown race be sourced for these bikes? Id order another wald headset just to get the crown i guess but i can find one in that size.

THe person who designed these bikes was quite the artist but boy did they go for the cheap on the build. I dont think there was an engineer on that team. Just get it done as cheap an as crap as possible :)

Here i sit 50+ years later trying to source a simple part.

my cups and crown race are shot. Pitted and rusted badly.

I got new cups via a wald 4080 headset that fit right it. Sadly the crown race that came with it did not. These goofy forks have no shoulder at all at the bottom of the fork crown....its just 1 inch all the way down. The tube and previous race diameter measure 25.4mm. Can a crown race be sourced for these bikes? Id order another wald headset just to get the crown i guess but i can find one in that size.

THe person who designed these bikes was quite the artist but boy did they go for the cheap on the build. I dont think there was an engineer on that team. Just get it done as cheap an as crap as possible :)

Here i sit 50+ years later trying to source a simple part.

I like pics , they always seem to help

Yeah, they're really attractive junk. I converted mine to a modern 1 1/8" fork and threadless head set, but that's probably not what you're looking for.

id rather not. Mine has the springer fork so id like to fine somthing that works with this headtube if possible.

nope....again.....this tube is 25.4 all the way down. No shoulder. I hvae several standard size crown races and they area all 26+. They just rattle around on the tube loose.

I found one measures 25.52 ID x 33.4 OD x 29.66 at the inner ball bearing race x 4.86 top to bottom . PM me if you want to try it. It is a little too wide for the caged ball bearing. Might work with loose ball bearings.

that might work. Mine measures 36.0 od x 29.3 at the race. Thickness is 6.7mm

Latest posts

Back