Spaceliner Seat Post

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so am I correct that the seatpost on my Spaceliner is 3/4"? If so, what is a modern replacement? I would maybe like a set back seatpost but none of the seatposts, all in mm, seem to be equivalent. Any help? Ideas? The top of the current post is very narrow and needs a very small clamp, and the old clamp won't fit more modern saddles.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_2668.JPG
    IMG_2668.JPG
    859 KB · Views: 153
I believe the size is 13/16. (20.7 mm). Wald makes replacement ones in good lengths, but I’ve seemed to bend them all.
Santa Barbara cruisers makes a layback in the size you need

Yup, 13/16". I got one of those cheap Walds and because the frame is so small, I got one that was really long. To keep it from bending, I inserted a solid aluminum rod into it. Then the regular seat tube clamp hardware was too wussy to handle the torque required to hold the seat post in place (I think inserting the solid rod prevented the seat post from deforming at the torque capacity of the stock hardware), so I upgraded to grade 8 and that worked.

Thanks, guys! I had run to my LBS (which unfortunately is really a Trek dealer where you get "service" if you are buying a new Trek) and the young guy supposedly took my post to the back to measure it for me. Even though he never smiled or looked vaguely interested, I trusted he had measured it but I guess not since he told me 3/4.

Latest posts

Back