Spaceliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
be9uma6a.jpg
u6a5e4y9.jpg
8eru4anu.jpg
sygudysu.jpg

Def one of the coolest bikes ive purchased. Even has the tail light! Og tires hold air! I believe it is circa 1965...? Havent checked serial...

Lots of hours of clearcoat scraping ahead of you and when completed you'll be amazed how shinny the chrome will be.
Has the rear tailight assy with the lens too.
Dual Switched dash.
Nice find.

jd56 said:
Lots of hours of clearcoat scraping ahead of you and when completed you'll be amazed how shinny the chrome will be.
Has the rear tailight assy with the lens too. Dual Switched dash. Nice find.

Couldn't agree with jd56 more...I don't know what you paid for it but the taillight & lens (if in working condition) are worth close to a Ben Franklin alone.They almost never survived...Nice find...hope you keep it all together...P 8)

Yeah not parting out at all. Wondering what to do with the front headlight bezel... paint it silver? Leave it worn? Tank and rear rack also need a fresh coat of paint... leave it as is ? Will repainting decrease the value?

333 said:
Yeah not parting out at all. Wondering what to do with the front headlight bezel... paint it silver? Leave it worn? Tank and rear rack also need a fresh coat of paint... leave it as is ? Will repainting decrease the value?

Clean it up and leave it alone!! It too 50 years to look that good, don't ruin it with a couple hours of prep and paint.

the clearcoat on the frame can be romoved and the chrome will pop again.
The issue with repainting is, you need to be on point with matching the flamboyant red (useless professional mixed, impossible to find). I say leave the wear on the rear rack or wait till a nice paint condition comes along, They can be found. The plastic bezel repaint can ruin the look in my opinion...and it's only my opinion.
However a member here turned me onto a chrome paint product that he swears by. At $45 a can I only tried it once and didn't have the results that it boasted would happen. It's called killerchrome. I'm not promoting it and there are mixed reviews but if you have a chrome you need please don't paint it silver, It just devalues the bike as a whole. I if you not painting the fork tips, tank and rear rack I'd leave all alone, short of getting the frame to shine again. That alone will raise the value.

supergoob said:
333 said:

Clean it up and leave it alone!! It too 50 years to look that good, don't ruin it with a couple hours of prep and paint.

Thanks goob!

You can have the plastic bezel re-chromed...Google "Paul's Chrome"...I'm pretty sure they do plastic chrome...highly respected chrome shop...P 8)

Latest posts

Back