Spacely Sprockets, Cogswell Cogs, and the Dork Disk

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got 2 - 5 cog freewheels, one from a 15 speed and one from a 10 speed. Can the two be interchanged? The 10 speed one has bigger teeth, which makes me think it won't work with extreme chain angles of the 3 sprocket front chain wheel.
So while I'm messing with cogs and sprockets, the yellowed, brittle plastic spoke guard broke into a hundred pieces. That wasn't important was it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If they fasten the same way then they should be interchangeable.

Dork discs are good for those who don’t know how to adjust dérailler stops.

I almost always remove the plastic disk--I sometimes replace it with a metal one. Depends on where I'll be riding. If there's a high risk that the derailleur may get bent, having a disk could save your wheel. For casual riding, they're pointless...learn to adjust your limit screws instead.

If I wasn't doing my first ever derailleur transplant, I'd just go without disk. Don't want my first time of setting up a 10 speed drive train the reason for my first lesson in lacing a wheel! LOL

Anyway, found this great rust freckled face dork. Gotta be cooler than any plastic disc. :cool2:
20180510_180539.jpg

Latest posts

Back