Speedster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like the sublety of the colour and wheels combined with the motor driven.

In my part of Oz if the bike has internal combustion motor it automatically has to pass all the laws for a motor cycle, so not one I could aspire to.

Like what you have come up with.

Kroozerdave, hereabouts, as long as it is under 50cc (ahem) and has working pedals, it is considered a "moped" and street legal as long as it has a headlight and tail light and will not (again, ahem) exceed 37 mph. I suspect this one will be light enough with its unmarked engine to go in excess of 37 mph.

I was at the beach all weekend, so the only progress is a stencil for the tank graphics--going to be busy this weekend with paint, fuel line, and a general tightening of all the bolts, then anything else I forgot.

Re: Speedster--more paint and an exhaust system

Lucky 13

Nice bike-themed brew--shift in thinking on the exhaust too

It's short and I'll bet it's going to be loud

Lookin great!

A shorty block hugger header. NICE! :wink:

Loud is ALWAYS cool 8)

:mrgreen:

Re: Speedster--tease pics coming down to the line

Still a few assorted screws and fittings to buy and a few more paint details to consider, but the deadline looks like it's feasible

just a few more days

Seems like the muffler clears your leg in almost any position except laid down and skidding across the pavement. It's still going to get your pants leg greasy, though.

Re: Speedster-plumbed and wired

The Speedster is plumbed and wired, nothing left but a few dabs of paint and fill it with gas and see if it runs
I predict a moved to the finished page in another day or two at the most.

This build is looking pretty cool.
Can you post a big picture of your winged helmet?

Re: Speedster--for Kingfish

The hat is part of my marching regalia for the Historic Oakwood Second Line Band. Those are the wingtips from a Tundra Swan.

Re: Speedster--for Kingfish

Chris Crew said:

The hat is part of my marching regalia for the Historic Oakwood Second Line Band. Those are the wingtips from a Tundra Swan.
sweet bike and sweet hat!

Those are some awesome hat wings!
Sure beats the Columbia Tank Wings that I plan to make for my helmet.

Re: Speedster--99%

a couple of more tweaks and I'll pull it out in the sunshine for some pictures
I looked back through all of the photos tonight and almost hate to be done.

That has some pretty good pickup to it.

Man does that look fun :shock:

Great job gettin it rollin ! :wink:

Sure looks beautiful!

:mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back