@@ Spitfire @@ UPDATE 3/30 Sunday

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
Thanks to Customizer 007 for a great trade. Here is the mockup fresh out of the box. I FINALLY found a home for these 24", 36 hole, Ivory with black pinstripe Schwinn S-2 Wheels with NOS Crest Deluxe tires! Yeah! Nexus 7 speed out back, Roller brake front hub.

Spitfire1.jpg

Spitfire2.jpg

Spitfire3.jpg

Re: @@ Spitfire @@

Joe, that is a great combo on the wheels and tires. The tires are very unique. How do you like the roller brakes?

How much stretchin' did it take to get that rear hub to fit?

Wouldn't mind having a 7 speed Nexus on mine.

100_5744.jpg

These are the standard Roller brakes. I would say that between the both of them they are just adequate. Not into going fast so they get the job done. If you need top notch stopping power you have to opt for the deluxe roller brakes with the vented heat disc. THey grab!

I only had to spread apart about 1/8 inch each side. This was an original S-2 bike so the dropouts were already pretty wide. Steve, I like your SPitty! Too bad it is a 26" wheeled bike or I would have been all over it! I still like the 26's, just have a few too many right now.

joe

A little more done!
spitfireph2.jpg

Oh snaps! It's muscle bike time! Is your bike red or orange? I can't tell on my tiny screen..

Rat Rod said:
How much stretchin' did it take to get that rear hub to fit?

Wouldn't mind having a 7 speed Nexus on mine.

100_5744.jpg

Rat Rod your Spitfire looks sweet in black.. Joe your bike is coming along nicely as well.

Latest posts

Back