Spring build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. My sister wanted a bike so i told her I would help build her one, but only if she did most of the sanding hahaha. It's a Schwinn Hollywood frame. We got to work sanding it and she picked out the colour scheme. We also got some shiny new Kenda whitewalls for it. We were able to get most of the sanding done today.

Those are some dusty hands.
DSC09724.jpg

DSC09725.jpg

Rollin Double Sixes said:
Hi guys. My sister wanted a bike so i told her I would help build her one, but only if she did most of the sanding hahaha. It's a Schwinn Hollywood frame. We got to work sanding it and she picked out the colour scheme. We also got some shiny new Kenda whitewalls for it. We were able to get most of the sanding done today.

Those are some dusty hands.
DSC09724.jpg

DSC09725.jpg
Hahahahha! I would do the same thing if my sister wants a bike made. I can't wait to see what it's going to look like.

I think I will call her, at least to let her know when her bike was born. I just checked the serial number and it was made on June 10th 1965. That is one thing I love about old Schwinn's, finding the date they were manufactured on.

Got bored so I finished sanding and got the first coat of primer on. I would have done a second coat but I am out of primer and out of money. I spent the morning at the bank getting a loan to pay for an ultra expensive plumbing problem. Looks like the build may be on hold unless she can flow me some paint funds. :|

Plumbing
DSC09810.jpg

Priming
DSC09833.jpg

Yikes! That is a plumbing problem. I'm afraid thats going to be me in the next couple of years. My house is over 150 years old and the water and sewer lines coming into it are close to 50 years old. Since we moved in 6 years ago we have replaced part of the plumbing and the electrical but not all of it.

did the plumbing thing 2 years ago, pipe disconnected from the main line, the plumber was in the hole at lunch time as the high school kids passed by at lunch time, he was over knee deep in grey water and told the kids "this is why you stay in school !!", kinda funny tho cause he made a bunch off that job, but i wouldnt want to trade places when it comes down to it :?

Hey how deep is that hole? Did you close off the area? Where is your ladder for entrance/exit? Lol just kidding.. I am (or was) a Safety Rep for DEP contruction sites..

Latest posts

Back