Spyder Monkey

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found schwinn varsity crank arm!!! My dad gave me one of his Hurst shifter knob for spyder monkey. I just polished the stem. 8)

1350596579.jpg

Just finished rough compound buff that rusty crank arm. The reason why I and my dad love schwinn varsity crank arm is because it's 7 inches and diamond shaped rods.

1350680659.jpg

Just did a testing on my original idea for this Spyder Monkey. If it don't work, I will stick with five speeds. Look like it will fit with jerald. My original idea is ten speed convert, look like it's possibility with that chain cover but it's look like more works. LOL

1350728828.jpg

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv24 ... G_0295.jpg

I have one of those. I've been watching your build, looks good so far. I always thought these bikes had potential for a good ratrod but I didn't want to take mine apart, it's almost all orginal. They actually did make a ten speen model of this bike, I had one when I was a kid. The dual lever shifter would be perfect for your build but probably hard to find.

bikecollectordave said:
http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv247/bikecollectordave/IMG_0295.jpg

I have one of those. I've been watching your build, looks good so far. I always thought these bikes had potential for a good ratrod but I didn't want to take mine apart, it's almost all orginal. They actually did make a ten speen model of this bike, I had one when I was a kid. The dual lever shifter would be perfect for your build but probably hard to find.

I know how you feel man. Too difficult to tear down a nice original bike. My dad's in same shoes with his western flyer eliminator for too good deal.

That is amazing! I have a 20" magenta color. Need to start thinking outside the box, that's a fantastic look!

That remind me, it's too late for me to paint spyder monkey cuz of cold temperature and I don't have garage. So I'm going put everything together as mock up until next warmer temperature to paint.I haven't decided on color yet.
I'm thinking about

New ford brown color (golden bronze)
Polished clearcoat
Cold stone red
Black
White

Before I finalize my home made Hurst shifter rod. Does this look too long? It's 9 inches long. It will look little bit shorter after I thread it and bend it to 60 degree to keep Hurst knob sit flat. Is it too long or prefect? I already tested my knee at top and shift it to fifth gear. It seem fit fine.

1350978558.jpg

1350978549.jpg

as long as it does not get in the way ... i think its great like this , it goes well with the tall handlebars

It's hard to judge wthout a full side view. But I think you have the right scale to go with the bars.

I have the same shifter on Flex-Liner 7 and love it. Keep doing what you're doing! I love this build!!!!!

It looks to be similar scale to Scooby Snack, so it should look great!

020-1-1.jpg

I have been horsing around with my 6 pack beers cooler box. It fit like glove. Lol.. of course, I'm not going hook it up. Anyway, I had a idea by replace sissy bar and fender bracket with this ugly fork. By bolt springers on top of it then connect banana seat to it. I was thinking cut banana into two pieces and find two loop springers and connect it to the seat post. Maybe this time my ideas has gone too far. Lol

1351070230.jpg

Latest posts

Back