Stardust e-score for Fastback parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I just picked this up from evilbay. It is a 1969 Schwinn Stardust with a S.A. 3 speed hub. I had wanted to try and score a 5 speed Fastback but the bidding went beyond my budget. This Stardust had the better chrome rims and fenders so it will work better for my project. I had purchased a Fastback early last year and the rims were break worn chrome and fenders were dented and had some bad pitting on the fenders. The frame was in very good condition and is now at East Coast Custom Coatings in West Berlin, NJ getting some color.
I don't do restorations with correct dated everything but this bike will look similar to what my brother got for Christmas in 1966. I think he'll love it when it's done.
The frame ser# on the SD is on the dropout "ME"=1969 and the neck, hub and handle bars are stamped '70. Left over frame when built I suppose. It don't matter because it's going on a '74 frame, just curious about the date stamps.
DSCN2298.jpg

20160106_152131.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice! I told myself if I found a Stardust for decent money I'd build it for my daughter so she'd have a Fiar Lady and a Star Dust... but, haven't found one.
I may have a lead on one for you. I think the guy only wants a $100 for it. The next time I go by his place I'll take some pictures of it for you. I could ship it to you.

I may have a lead on one for you. I think the guy only wants a $100 for it. The next time I go by his place I'll take some pictures of it for you. I could ship it to you.
No, I've got too much going on now. Next bike for her is a 24" Huffy Super Stock resto-mod.

Latest posts

Back