BO15 SteamRoller - Finished 1st THANKS!! - CompareTwinWinsVerBotenSteamRoller

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. I really dig how this is shaping up. The cafe fender can be some other build.

I taped some magic eraser pieces to the front and back of the hole as standoffs for mocking up the placement better.

20200509_133750.jpg
20200509_133801.jpg

Then cut off the old front seattube mount. And kept trimming the front lower lip until it fit the frame right.

20200509_144141.jpg
20200509_144146.jpg
20200509_144154.jpg
20200509_144206.jpg

20200509_143902.jpg

Last edited:
Not to take anything away from how cool this build is, but....
Why isn't this build in the other category?
You have custom cut up and welded frame, wheels and now rack.. i mean not trying yo be a Karen, but with that much stuff cut and welded, how is this not in the "fabricators" build category?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

You have custom cut up and welded frame, wheels and now rack.. i mean not trying yo be a Karen, but with that much stuff cut and welded, how is this not in the "fabricators" build category?

I must have missed the part where the frame was cut up.

No worries man. This is funny and a cool compliment. I'm flattered that my build fooled you.
The frame is neither custom nor cut up nor welded. It is the "Newest Thing On Wheels" from 1938 (or thereabouts).

1589069985993.png

In regards to the wheels, we are allowed to use any wheels that we like in Class 1. Always have been able to, since Build Off 1.
I have no idea how cutting a hole in a vintage Higgins rack would somehow not adhere to the Class 1 rules.
This is my 10th Build Off in a row and I have only competed in Class 1. I know the rules pretty well by now :D . Please go back and look at all of the killer Class 1 creations that are out there. I'm not breaking new ground here. I'm just having fun building a cool ride.

I first thought the seat tube was cut out. It appears I may have been mistaken. Build on.

Yeah, It's an Elgin Twin Bar frame from the 1930s. No seat tube allowed on Twin Bars. Just like 7UP - The Uncola. Never had it, never will.

Lol someone just learned that one man's "custom" is just "stock" when you are the King! Man, I love a Build Off! That this build is Class 1 is a testament to kingfish's skill in finding and putting together AWESOME parts!

Lol someone just learned that one man's "custom" is just "stock" when you are the King! Man, I love a Build Off! That this build is Class 1 is a testament to kingfish's skill in finding and putting together AWESOME parts!

Thanks, my side hustle is a bike parts hunter gatherer hoarder seller :D

Loving the peek-a-boo rack! What's next?

"Peek-a-boo rack" . I like that. Sounds like something from the old Frederick's of Hollywood ads.

Forgot to post the mockups with the nanner and the peekaboo rack.

20200509_145356.jpg
20200509_145403.jpg
20200509_145409.jpg
20200509_145417.jpg

The rack changes the look of the of the bike a little, so I also tested my Lepper mega springer saddle for a contrasting perspective.

20200509_145114.jpg
20200509_145141.jpg
20200509_145158.jpg

Long and low is the way to go, I think. Perhaps something a bit more like a unicycle saddle. The banana is the better of the two you've tried....but it may not be the best possible. I'd hate to see a sissy bar interfere with that frame's sleek, floating lines.

Latest posts

Back