BO15 SteamRoller - Finished 1st THANKS!! - CompareTwinWinsVerBotenSteamRoller

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is one expense seat clamp to replace . I’d get that one welded even if you decide not to use it on this build .

I will eventually. I don't think I will be using it for this build though.

Maybe this will work???

tractor.jpg

You should definitely get a seat like that!

I have a cast iron implement seat similar to the one you posted. It is imprinted with “Kingman”, my home town. The company was actually in Illinois. Anyway the seat has been waiting in the wings for fitting. Funny stuff that you happened to make the post.

I have a cast iron implement seat similar to the one you posted. It is imprinted with “Kingman”, my home town. The company was actually in Illinois. Anyway the seat has been waiting in the wings for fitting. Funny stuff that you happened to make the post.

Funny. Kingfish. Kingman

I really like that pan style seat on there. And those bars are growing on me, thought they were too pointy at first. And yeah, getting the right 'show and go' positions on the bike are always important to me. As you do, I always ride all my bikes and a solid riding position is key. I know I've lost points over the years with voters for being more 'go' than 'show', but if one can't ride their build in the end, it's just a piece of art; rather than a rolling , FuN-ctional piece of art! :D

Just got this John Deere seat spring on ebay for only $15 shipped.

s-l1600.jpg

That seat can’t be light weight .

I was joking when I posted the tractor saddle for SteamRoller.
But I wasn't joking about a tractor saddle being perfect for @MazdaFlyer 's build.

I really like that pan style seat on there. And those bars are growing on me, thought they were too pointy at first. And yeah, getting the right 'show and go' positions on the bike are always important to me. As you do, I always ride all my bikes and a solid riding position is key. I know I've lost points over the years with voters for being more 'go' than 'show', but if one can't ride their build in the end, it's just a piece of art; rather than a rolling , FuN-ctional piece of art! :D

I kinda doubt that I stick with the clubman bars. I'm just not feeling them.
In regards to riding positions on my builds, while I do always ride my bikes all around downtown taking pics and showing off my build and city, my ride geometries lean more towards show than go. There is a balance there, but I tend to choose form over function to a slight degree.

The original bars somewhat mimic the shape the tractor seat spring. JMO, but I think the drop bars look better, have you tried the clubman's upside down?

I'll have to see how well the tractor spring can be integrated into the bike. I like some of the characteristics of the Felby bars much more than the clubmans. One of the biggest is the fact that the Felbys extend back a lot more. I'm not feeling the hands forward feel on this build.

Always enjoy watching your builds! great so far... not sure if I'll jump in this year or not

Always enjoy watching your builds! great so far... not sure if I'll jump in this year or not

Been looking for your thread to pop up. It's not an option, you HAVE to join in! There are 3.5 months to go!

I feel like someone might be lurking, :ninja:rhymes with snake.

I have been trying to get Carlton back in for a few years now. He lives in Brazil at least part time. It would be awesome to see his skills here again.
EDIT: At first I thought you meant fordsnake. :D I'm still hoping he might join us.

Last edited:
I feel like someone might be lurking, :ninja:rhymes with snake.

Jake still hasn't come out of Ninja mode yet. But he knows it's Get Ta Buildin time.

Latest posts

Back