BO15 SteamRoller - Finished 1st THANKS!! - CompareTwinWinsVerBotenSteamRoller

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have a carpet store close, carpet padding works great for seats. Able to be glued together and carved with an electric carving knife.

That would be a good option too.

Bike is cool, i love the trolley diner

Thanks, it's always fun finding cool backdrops around Savannah. I've been using that one since VerBoten 5 years ago.

Thanks, it's always fun finding cool backdrops around Savannah. I've been using that one since VerBoten 5 years ago.
Could you pm me some more pics of the diner the next time you go out that way? An old friend from the airlines and I used to travel the country for different hobbies. First it was aircraft museums and then it became railroad museums. After a while we discovered railroad and trolley car diners. We then sought out these diners and would drive hundreds of miles out of our way just to eat in one.

This memory popped up. It was 5 years ago today that I received my "Bully" purchase from bighit. This is the frame that I am using for SteamRoller.

bully.jpg

The blue looks more of a semi gloss than a satin maybe that's making it look different?
Maybe try a darker primer, that way the blue has a darker base to sit on. I noticed when I did my wife’s bike with red, it was more of a light red till I used a dark gray primer and the red was RED. Just a thought. Bike looks awesome!!! here’s the red after the darker primer.
2168FE74-884C-4463-B00F-6BED6DC1B1BA.jpeg

Maybe try a darker primer, that way the blue has a darker base to sit on. I noticed when I did my wife’s bike with red, it was more of a light red till I used a dark gray primer and the red was RED. Just a thought. Bike looks awesome!!! here’s the red after the darker primer. View attachment 133131

That blue was a test color that I decided not to use. I decided to go with Metallic Silver on the inside of the bike and Coppertone-ish color on the outside. First I will paint the entire bike Metallic Silver. That is why I went with a gray primer. Here are the paint colors on my testbed fender (not part of the bike).

1597244318583.png

That blue was a test color that I decided not to use. I decided to go with Metallic Silver on the inside of the bike and Coppertone-ish color on the outside. First I will paint the entire bike Metallic Silver. That is why I went with a gray primer. Here are the paint colors on my testbed fender (not part of the bike).

View attachment 133132
Well there ya go, right on awesome choice

No pics, but I got a lot done tonight after work. I managed to finish sanding all of the primed parts with 500 grit. So everything is ready for the first coat of paint.

No pics, but I got a lot done tonight after work. I managed to finish sanding all of the primed parts with 500 grit. So everything is ready for the first coat of paint.
I MAY HAVE TO GET SOME 500 GRIT. I'M ONTO PAINTING MY BIKE ALSO THEN REASSEMBLING. DOO DADS COME LAST.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

I MAY HAVE TO GET SOME 500 GRIT. I'M ONTO PAINTING MY BIKE ALSO THEN REASSEMBLING. DOO DADS COME LAST.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Plenty of time. 20 days to go now.

Silver going down first right? What will you use for a primer, grey?
If the silver ends up being kind of the color of mercury, here's a poem to paint by:

Poor Little Willy , thirsty as could be,
But what he thought was H2O was HGNO3.
It was a chilly day for Willy when the mercury went down.

Silver going down first right? What will you use for a primer, grey?
If the silver ends up being kind of the color of mercury, here's a poem to paint by:

Poor Little Willy , thirsty as could be,
But what he thought was H2O was HGNO3.
It was a chilly day for Willy when the mercury went down.

Yes, silver first. You can see it in primer gray on page 35.
Silly Chilly Willy

Got the first coat of metallic silver on the frame and other parts of SteamRoller after work. Coppertone-ish color to come later. Metallic Carbon Mist on a few other parts. Got everything inside from my Urban Paint Booth just before the bottom dropped out. Now the parts are hanging inside to dry on my Bed Bath and Beyond towel rod paint dryer.

Primed and sanded parts ready for paint in the UPB.

20200814_155908.jpg

Rustoleum Metallic Silver on some parts

20200814_161427.jpg

Rustoleum Metallic Carbon Mist on some parts (not quite sure if the sissy bar fork will stay this color or not).

20200814_162554.jpg

Paint drying time on the BBBTRPD

20200814_162732.jpg

Metallic Silver on the frame

20200814_164326.jpg
20200814_165909.jpg

Then the thunder popped and the rain rolled in. I got the frame hanging inside before the rain, but got wet as I was breaking down the UPB

20200814_170226.jpg

Got the first coat of metallic silver on the frame and other parts of SteamRoller after work. Coppertone-ish color to come later. Metallic Carbon Mist on a few other parts. Got everything inside from my Urban Paint Booth just before the bottom dropped out. Now the parts are hanging inside to dry on my Bed Bath and Beyond towel rod paint dryer.

View attachment 133464

View attachment 133465

Rustoleum Metallic Carbon Mist on some parts (not quite sure if the sissy bar fork will stay this color or not).

View attachment 133466

View attachment 133467

View attachment 133468View attachment 133469

Then the thunder popped and the rain rolled in. I got the frame hanging inside before the rain, but got wet as I was breaking down the UPB

View attachment 133470
Bummer on the weather my Dude, Crack a Beer it’s Friday!!!

View attachment 133464

View attachment 133465

View attachment 133466

View attachment 133467

View attachment 133468View attachment 133469

View attachment 133470

I had my booth up painting some parts for a flip bike when that rolled through. I ran for cover fast

Back