Stickers do make a difference ...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys convinced me that removing the stickers from a late model bike would make it look better, and after I did that on my Caloi I had to agree. It made a big difference.

I bought a Next single speed cruiser on Craigslist the other day - $50 for a basically new one that sells for $90 at WalMart. I'm not sure what I will end up doing with it, but I gave it the sticker removal treatment today to see how it would look.

Check out the results ..... big difference - even with the cheezy metallic swirly red paint job.

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

The bike is all aluminum and boy that sucker is light. I can pick it up with one hand. Too bad it wasn't a 3 speed or I would probably want to hang onto it.

It didn't have the front or rear reflectors on it when I got it, and I guess I can probably lose the side ones in the spokes too.

I just didn't get around to pulling those off today.

Sure enough, it's a Next Lajolla. You can't miss that swirly red metallic paint job and the wide bottom tube.

The springer on it looks good. The ape hangers are also nice - and easy to do on a one speed. His bike looks good.

It's such a light bike that I actually thought about swapping the Nexus 3 speed from my Caloi to the Next and keeping it. I do like the double top bars on my Caloi, though. Looks more old school.

I will have to think about what to do with the two of them now, haha.

Latest posts

Back