Stock Isn't- FINISHED Heritagevillage/downtown pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my first build off. Going with Stock Isn't because well it Isn't good enough or cool enough, and definitely not fun enough. I have lots of little changes I plan to make but still giving it a classic look. We will see how it all comes out. Looking forward to lots of fun!!
Here is what I have so far:
IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0592_zps78fd4285.jpg

Re: Stock Isn't

You have my attention with that parts pile.
Good luck.

Curved tube Elgin frames look mean on their own, let alone bolting on some cool stuff to them. Loving it already !!!

Got Started this afternoon. Stripped down the frame, although it was already primed by the previous owner. I cant trust anyone else's work, not knowing whats underneath would eat at me. I also had to know it was structurally sound and not just dressed up and primed. Anyway, the primer was almost an 1/8 inch thick glad I stripped it that much primer wouldn't last.
The frame was severely pitted but not so bad I am worried about it being sound. The tank had a few holes and I got those patched up as well. The forks had a piece of stem stuck inside, and lucky for me I have to cut the steer tube anyway. I cut about 1/2 inch off the top and was able to really grab hold of the stem piece and get it out of there. No real in progress shots because time was limited and needed to get some work done. Ill try to get more next time.
Frame stripped
IMG_0549_zpsdd092713.jpg

Etch Primer on Fork and Tank
IMG_0551_zpsdf40f633.jpg

2K primer
IMG_0555_zps684e8d89.jpg

IMG_0556_zps3f1eb1d4.jpg

I love the lines on the frame (on my list to find one day). Looking forward to watching the progress on this build.

The lines on that frame are just a work of art!
I know what frame that I want next.
Great work!!

And make sure you read ALL THE WAY to the bottom of the page for some important information.

I wish I had Intensionally taken all those links apart :( I am missing a few pins completely and searched with a very strong magnet to try and find them in the bath. It's working great on everything else though.

Got some new goodies in the mail today
Thinking this sprocket will flow with the long tank better than the solid one was going to. Progress has been slow other than stripping the parts in the vinegar bath. Planning a Wedding takes an awful lot of time :)
6e8y5upa.jpg

Mocking up some parts before body work gets going. Which guard should I use is the main question though I can see how I need to modify both of them for use just can't make up mind. Suggestions please! I really like the chainring I have in there but also have a smaller one that is solid . Hmmmm it would require less modification to the guards.
7yqagyga.jpg

Latest posts

Back