BO15 Stoked!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stem came out excellent. That reaction arm is scary, you're lucky it didn't result in human carnage. What kind of hub is it?
Thanks I’m really happy with how the stem turned out. The hubs are no-name garbage laced to some Diamond Back labeled rims. The eBay description described them as anodized wheels with tires and tubes. They’re painted and crap! The tires were nice though!

Metalcast paint on the chrome stem looks great! That paint, and the results it brings, is so much fun to play with!

Here's a thought. Get some chrome rimmed wheels and use the rest of that can to spray the rims.

Was thinking about that brake arm as I laid down stripes with Duck Norris last night. Wife and Thundrrrs Junior were suitably impressed despite my trepidation

Never seen a brake arm jack up like that. That is brutal man!
Love that stem though!

Metalcast paint on the chrome stem looks great! That paint, and the results it brings, is so much fun to play with!

Here's a thought. Get some chrome rimmed wheels and use the rest of that can to spray the rims.
Yeah I’m actually amazed, it turned out exactly how I remember seeing some of the Suntour stems when I was a kid. I’ve always wondered if they were available this way or if guys just took one anodized and one non-anodized stem and combined them. I might just do that with some nice double-wall hoops if I can find em cheap. I’d like to leave the side wall unpainted though. Not sure if I have the chops for that kind of tape job though!:21:

Never seen a brake arm jack up like that. That is brutal man!
Love that stem though!
Me either! I like to go fast and skid out 20 footers and that happened with a modest demonstration skid for my boy! It’s just garbage. I was actually able to ride around and still stop when I needed but that wheel is now bent and definitely needing to be totally torn down, rebuilt, and relegated to the wife’s bike :21:

8DB6BD54-4A2B-4090-B556-FD0B3B8C3039.jpeg
F3E33D27-73B9-438E-AC0D-75781A253FEC.jpeg
80A5A6F1-D5FE-4676-A17F-C9567A925EAF.jpeg
DCA42FB2-2D08-4B03-A9AF-33BC626EDA06.jpeg
D0B7580E-9D56-497F-B887-27A756531962.jpeg

Ive been holding off on getting the things I want for this build simply because I’m not a big fan of paying full price for anything and then if I find stuff on sale it still takes me a moment to pull the trigger. I’d like to have time to go garbage sailing and find cool stuff that would work but I simply don’t have the time being on a boat for 5 days at a time. I was keeping a running tally a couple months ago on what I’ve dumped into realistically the wrong frame for dirt jumping with my son:41: To that end I believe another name change is in order, I’ve clearly been using more money than sense so... Senseless!

So I’m wondering if anybody has come up with a nice solution to putting these...
60BA7959-567E-4CC4-ADF0-6D3440557151.jpeg

Right here...
D21CFCA9-B9A2-4E5D-8484-5B69C6EC9FEB.jpeg

I think Weinmann made something at one point to put caliper brakes on these style seat stay cross members. I have some ideas just wondering what y’all might have come up with. Thanks, Ira

I can't find any pictures, but remember someone putting two plates sandwiching the seat stays, clamped in place with bolts, for the brake to be mounted on.

Closest thing to what I'm talking about
iiyO0.jpg

In this year's mini muscle build off, someone put them on the sissy bar, think someone is doing it in the current one as well. Hopefully a better brain can remember who

Closest thing to what I'm talking about
View attachment 128292
In this year's mini muscle build off, someone put them on the sissy bar, think someone is doing it in the current one as well. Hopefully a better brain can remember who
Yeah, I saw the one made out of copper on the sissy bar and had completely forgotten about it! Thanks for reminding me! That’s actually a pretty cool idea.

Weld a bracket in, the rules allow it and when the Build Off is all said and done you will have confidence that the brakes are solidly mounted. A skilled welder could add the bracket with minimal paint disruption, welded from the bottom.

Latest posts

Back