BO15 Stoked!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about MSeratti?

The bike looks incredibly nice!!! Another thing that I have done inside frames before is wadded up some rag tightly in the adjoining tubes to the BB and Headstube to limit the crud that can make it to the bearings.

How about MSeratti?

The bike looks incredibly nice!!! Another thing that I have done inside frames before is wadded up some rag tightly in the adjoining tubes to the BB and Headstube to limit the crud that can make it to the bearings.
Thanks! I appreciate that! I hate the wheels! The more I look at it with those on there the more I hate them. I’m probably going to throw them on the wife’s bike. It’s funny cause in real life they don’t look that bad they just don’t photograph well...
2C0F7B0E-B9BA-4BC4-B937-FDEEF82CA22E.jpeg

Thanks! I appreciate that! I hate the wheels! The more I look at it with those on there the more I hate them. I’m probably going to throw them on the wife’s bike. It’s funny cause in real life they don’t look that bad they just don’t photograph well...
View attachment 126293
A buddy of mine does high end race car design and he taught me to choose colors that are directly opposite on the color wheel to get contrast that appeals to the eye. With your frame color, bright blue seems to be the one. I did my yellow Heavy Duti strandie in blue bolt ons and it actually looks pretty good.

Color-Wheel-Basics-Full-RYB-color-wheel.jpg

A buddy of mine does high end race car design and he taught me to choose colors that are directly opposite on the color wheel to get contrast that appeals to the eye. With your frame color, bright blue seems to be the one. I did my yellow Heavy Duti strandie in blue bolt ons and it actually looks pretty good.

View attachment 126338
Yeah, I was wanting a third accent color and I thought those wheels were actually more of the gold anodized color which would have been a complimentary color, those which are left or right of the main color, I think my mind is kinda broken these days. Anyway the ad on eBay was bogus, those rims are painted not anodized and they’re closer to yellow which makes me think of McDonalds, and I don’t want that. I almost did order a bunch of blue parts in the beginning. I’m ordering some chrome wheels. Chrome is the third color I have going. I didn’t need a forth color and I didn’t originally see it that way. Oh well! Live and learn! Thanks!

I like your wheels with the gum walls, don’t think I would like them with black walls but overall think your bike looks spot on and wouldn’t change a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supermoto’s!! I love those tires. I have them on my BO13 bike. They are really smooth rollers, no? Excellent grip and corners well. AND they’re Supercool looking, too! I was doubtful about all your red with the copper tone, but I must admit that it looks pretty cool together.

Supermoto’s!! I love those tires. I have them on my BO13 bike. They are really smooth rollers, no? Excellent grip and corners well. AND they’re Supercool looking, too

I'd love to find a set. Hard to come by

Supermoto’s!! I love those tires. I have them on my BO13 bike. They are really smooth rollers, no? Excellent grip and corners well. AND they’re Supercool looking, too! I was doubtful about all your red with the copper tone, but I must admit that it looks pretty cool together.

I'd love to find a set. Hard to come by
Yeah the red was more of a choice of parts availability that fit my budget I had originally planned on blue stuff but i couldn’t pass up the deal on that Profile sprocket, it was $15 and it sort of matched the gear ratio that was originally on there. I love those tires too, super smooooth! I found them at a local bike shop in San Luis Obispo with no idea of what they even were I just thought they’d fit what I was looking for, gum walls. The guy said they were originally like $40 each but he gave them both to me for $50 out the door and that’s about what I had expected and wanted to pay for 2 nice new tires. I’m pretty happy so far with how it’s turned out with the exception of the wheels. :)

Now it looks like this until I figure what I’m going to do about wheels. I’ve done a thousand bajillion coaster brake skids over the years. In fact part of daily riding always would invoke a high speed skid directed directly at one of our buddies at any random time. Those yellow wheels now scare me...:aggressive:
image.jpg

Ira.

Last edited:
That’s all the news to report on this thing. I’m gonna skip the profile crank install/removal video until next weekend or never unless anybody really feels like they need to know how to do it :21:

Not sure how I feel about that skinny/fat tire combo. The skinny looks FAAAASSSSSTTTT! Guess which way Matti leans.
PS the coaster break looks scary af!

Not sure how I feel about that skinny/fat tire combo. The skinny looks FAAAASSSSSTTTT! Guess which way Matti leans.
PS the coaster break looks scary af!
Yeah that thing is a POS! The wheels and tires are how I ran this Schwinn and my last Schwinn for years although not actually using the current front wheel/tire combo but a similar one. I thought it was choppery looking!

The stem came out excellent. That reaction arm is scary, you're lucky it didn't result in human carnage. What kind of hub is it?

Latest posts

Back