Strange Bicycle Repurpose Story

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin B

Bicycle Demolitionist
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MY RATTIEST PROJECT - BICYCLE AGRICULTURAL REPURPOSE

This may be one of the weirdest repurpose stories ever. For some reason I remembered something I had forgotten from the early 80’s. I was looking at a diamond frame and thought, “If I flip that over, reverse the forks and fix them in a straight position I could make a hand plow.” To start with I hacksawed the seat and chain stays off. Then I drove a galvanized pipe in the now upside down seat tube. I can’t remember if I inserted the high-rise bars through the empty bottom bracket or just bolted them outside it. I had two bolts through the spline section of the bars and the empty bottom bracket. I do recall having to have a friend reinforce that with a weld eventually. On the wheel I left the air in the tire but even a bare rim would have worked, possible better. I drilled the galvanized pipe for the two shoulder bolts that mounted the interchangeable attachments. If I recall stuff fatigued and stress cracked eventually but it worked.
I don't have any pictures so I tried to draw it to give you the idea.

Scan.jpg

Below is what I was trying to approximate . . .
plow.png

Latest posts

Back