Stream-Flex (changed from H.R.Puff-n-Stuff)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well, though I haven't even placed in the top 20 before, I'm in!
here's what I have so far, a mid '60's Huffy Eldorado or some such. I'm thinking this year will be along the lines of Battlestar Galactica meets Mad Max. we'll see.
P1020633.jpg

Re: H.R. Puff-N-Stuff (most likely change that)

just floating a few ideas
img_2713.jpg

img_2716.jpg

ha ha , 37, back at it again i see. maybe i should join forces with ya again. we could sapp these builders off the planet.lol. well i got too much to do at this time but will see what happens. i'll follow along on this one. now get to work.lol

Outlaw :roll:

sensor said:
glad your in on this one too!
btw....you might as well leave the h.r.pufnstuf name :mrgreen:
figured I already did Godzilla, so it was either H.R.Puff-N-Stuff or Barney to keep the mutant lizard theme going. :mrgreen:
where's yours? may I suggest Pokey?

Top 20....hey. You build some very cool bikes, with some very cool parts..................Can I have the 64 Dart? :lol:

KOTA said:
Can I have the 64 Dart? :lol:
umm, let me think...NO! :roll:

can i buy it? :lol:

37fleetwood said:
where's yours? may I suggest Pokey?
mines hanging in the garage right now.....been busy with work/side work and the beer build...if i can scrounge some parts and time i just might be in....
here....you might enjoy this LIZARD

Well, call me a snob or an elitist but I just can't get into this Huffy. I suppose it should have been a sign when the only name I could imagine for it was H.R.Puff-N-Stuff :lol:
as of now I'm looking for a frame to swap to but I'll keep going on this frame until I find something. who knows maybe it will grow on me (kinda doubting it). I'm thinking prewar, I'm even eying one of my precious 1941 Huffman projects :shock:

img_2717.jpg

stretch said:
can i buy it? :lol:
I'm possibly the only person who looked for 10 years to find a decent '64 Dart, I'm not letting this one out of my sight! :lol:
P1020424.jpg

37fleetwood said:
Well, call me a snob or an elitist but I just can't get into this Huffy. I suppose it should have been a sign when the only name I could imagine for it was H.R.Puff-N-Stuff :lol:
I used to watch that show when I was a kid "...who's your friend when things get rough... H.R.Puff-N-Stuff, you can't get a little, 'cause you can't get enough"

...yep good times 8) ....keep the name.

still struggling for ideas, I did pick up a set of black wall Duro tires and a set of red GT tires. both have the old Goodyear pattern. I'm not sure which I'll use. so far all decisions have left options open.
don't worry I'll pull something out, I'm throwing around the idea of dual suspension, I wanted to do it last year but couldn't find all the parts required.
my current ideas involve using cables and pulleys in the suspension, we'll see if I can get a working model. :shock:

I had a friend draw a concept of a dual suspension bike, and I did a little adjusting and came up with this, it's what you would get it you crossed a Streamliner and a Twin-Flex, it's based on the frame dimensions of a 1941
Huffman. let me know if I should attempt this.
RatRod_2c.jpg

Looks cool, but the spring and pulley suspension may be difficult implement or fine tune. Definately will have to play with different attachment points.

well, went to a swap meet down here and didn't see anything I liked so I may go ahead with a '41 Dayton frame. I'm currently trying to figure out the logistics of the drawing. the lower pulleys may be on top instead, it lowers the amount of stress on the lower end of the bike, I want to be able to really ride it.
I did get a set of tires at the swap, but that's the only actual work or new parts since last post. so far the only work has only been on the computer. :lol:

a bit of refinement, still on the drawing board. as you can see I'm thinking about dropping the springs and cables but for now I just want to get the shape down.
let me know what you think.

RatRod1e.jpg

the front end is questionable as to whats really going on :p but the back looks pretty sweet!

Latest posts

Back