Stream-Flex (changed from H.R.Puff-n-Stuff)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: H.R. Puff-N-Stuff (name changed to Stream-Flex)

WOW

Ok, today's the day and I'm starting with this! :shock:
2vkasyv.jpg

mmm..... gettin close...

well the bike was done on time but the photos took too long to load so here they are. if you look at the image properties of the last photo you can see how close it was. is it legal, you decide. I'll get better photos tomorrow! :lol:

painted the basic black yesterday, masking for the pin stripes.
img_2948.jpg

img_2949.jpg

it's a ratrod, gotta have red pins!
img_2950.jpg

img_2951.jpg

a little striping tape co mask off the pins.
img_2952.jpg

add a little cream for contrast.
img_2953.jpg

while I was at it I thought I would add a little red on the front pulley. I thought it looked good.
img_2954.jpg

took a little time getting everything aligned just right but most of the mechanism is on.
img_2955.jpg

gotta make sure stuff is on straight.
img_2956.jpg

now for the best part, man I love the look of the rear end!
img_2957.jpg

a little string to keep it from falling
img_2958.jpg

it's almost spring time in the middle of Summer.
img_2959.jpg

Ok, I got busy and forgot to take photos for a bit, here's stringing up the front pulley system, notice it's getting dark?
img_2960.jpg

the back half is just about done.
img_2961.jpg

finally it's looking like a bike.
img_2962.jpg

a little epoxy and a little duct tape and the ornament is on and drying
img_2963.jpg

img_2964.jpg

well there it is all together, can't wait to ride it... tomorrow, I'm too tired tonight.
img_2965.jpg

img_2966.jpg

some more detail shots sorry about the blurry ones.
1941 Cadillac hood ornament, too much? I don't think so!
img_2967.jpg

I had this cool Firestone Warrior badge without a home, so I thought I'd use it.
img_2968.jpg

shiny moving parts!
img_2969.jpg

img_2970.jpg

unless it is decided to allow them, under no circumstances are you to look at these photos when deciding which bikes to vote for. :wink: :mrgreen:
img_2971.jpg

img_2972.jpg

img_2973.jpg

img_2974.jpg

img_2975.jpg

img_2976.jpg

img_2977.jpg

one more bit of info, yes that is an actual original 1941 Caddilac Fleetwood hood ornament. I figured since it was a 1941 Huffman made Firestone and Firestone's badge name was Fleetwood and my handle is 37fleetwood, it would only be fitting to have it on the bike.
1941CadillacFleetwoodSedan2.jpg

i personaly dont see what is aganst the rules of this bike. yea u did an extended swing arm to the back but that is not altering the frame structure and that is what the rules state. this is a killer bike very outside the box and as far as i see it the only reason it would not be allowed is if u missed the dead line. amazing piece u built there good luck i support you

Yeah, mine doesn't break any rules. all parts can be unbolted from the frame and it is a stock Huffman frame, nothing on the frame is altered. there are a few that push the limits but mine isn't one of them. I posted the finished post in time and have photos to prove it was done. the only issue, which the rules don't really prohibit, is that I've posted better photos the day after the finished threads were closed. I'm thankful for the opportunity to join the build here and have the superior competition. I may not win (again) but it was a kick being a part of the build-off! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I didn't get a chance to type anything with the photos last night so I went back and edited to add a little story to them so it would make more sense.

Wow! Your suspension system is amazing! And the fabrication is awesome! I am thinking it's a winner! :D I do have to ask, are you a machinist by trade?

I'm a photographer by trade and my friend Randy works for Northrop, not exactly sure how you would describe his talents, he's kinda like McGuyver on steroids. I suggested a basic outlay and he drew the plans, I suggested a few artistic refinements and he grumbled and redrew a few times, I provided the artistic vision, he provided the technical knowhow, I provided the bike parts, he provided the machine shop, I did the cutting and filing, he did the precision machining, then we both did the frantic assembly.

went to the park today and got the photos I would have taken if I had had time. I'll post the requested videos as soon as I get them uploaded.

a bit better shot of the whole bike
img_2985.jpg

a shot from the front
img_2987.jpg

a close up of the front.
img_2986a.jpg

a few detail shots
img_2986b.jpg

img_2986c.jpg

img_2988.jpg

img_2989.jpg

Well I had the GREAT pleasure of getting to ride this fine work of art this weekend out in Newport Beach - thanks 37fleetwood!!!
This thing rides amazingly smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth. I cannot say enough about how well the suspension works. It works so well that when I first got on it, I didn't notice it whatsoever - I had to find a couple good bumpy spots in the road to see if it was working at all. And even on these little bumps (going across a driveway, bumpylumpy manhole cover, cement/asphalt/cement bumps) it was like riding on a cloud. Well done 37fleetwood and thanks again for the little test ride

I made a post but here are the photos of the swap and the ride in case you missed it. we had a great time, check it out. it was quite a feat that in a ride like this, a lowly ratrod was one of the most looked at and poked at bikes there. the bike may have been ridden more by other people on rides around the building than I rode it on the ride!
I'm going to guess that I have coming up on 50 miles on the bike so far and I plan on riding it often. I bought a set of red tires for it, which I should have done for the build-off but I ran short of time and money. I'll take a photo or two when I get them on it.
thanks for all the complements it means a lot to have a fellow builder appreciate the bike.
here's the link:
http://classicbicyclefanatics.com/forum ... fa0be1c388

Latest posts

Back