RRBBO13 STYLISH TRASH

Discussion in 'BUILD OFF 13 BUILD JOURNALS' started by Reallybigtim, May 1, 2018.

1. Reallybigtim

Reallybigtim

Just a happy accident. It was too good for the build until it broke.........now it's perfect. Still holding.

kingfish254 likes this.
  2. Reallybigtim

Reallybigtim

That is quite a compliment. Thank you. My goal is to make it look like it's been in a barn for 50 years, and for it to have gone through many cool changes before it was forgotten in the barn.

3. Reallybigtim

Reallybigtim

Trying to decide which chainguard to use. The guard with the holes might be correct for the frame (and is repainted silver) but not my favorite. The shiny guard would be cool if it wasn't shiny. The generic feather guard has been repainted silver and has the right patina for the bike. What to do? DSCN0621.JPG

RustyGold, Scribble and kingfish254 like this.
  4. kingfish254

kingfish254 CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF! Pro Member

I have a patina McCauley guard. I was also planning on using it with my wingbar frame someday.

wingguard.jpg

Verrt, Reallybigtim and Scribble like this.
  5. V8Ben

V8Ben

I prefer the first one (on top), patina and shape match better.

Reallybigtim likes this.
  6. thebigorangecat

thebigorangecat

+1

Reallybigtim likes this.
  7. OddJob

OddJob

Top one for style, middle one for speed. Give the 'holey' one to Kingfish for his 'Holier-than-thou' BO bike! :21:

8. kingfish254

9. Reallybigtim

Reallybigtim

I was finished with this one on day 3. But I did try a different set of bars on it about a month ago. They are really interesting and seem to fit the "look and theme" of the bike very nicely........kind of a cross between 30's-style bars and 60's ape hangers. Mounted the bars to an old drop-style stem which looks great on the springer.......and the bars up-swept portions set parallel to the springer lines makes the whole front end of the bike look just right. Also added old, worn out coke bottle grips (1934) and the coolest very old headbadge from unknown origins. The headbadge has a horseshoe and the number "13" on it. Very fitting for Build-Off #13. Could this be the perfect rat??? IMAG0191.jpg IMAG0192.jpg IMAG0193.jpg IMAG0197.jpg IMAG0196.jpg IMAG0194.jpg IMAG0195.jpg

Attached Files:

kingfish254, G-Matt, léocwc and 5 others like this.
  10. kingfish254

Just don't forget to post it up in the Finished section.

11. OddJob

OddJob

Yeah, it's not finished until it's in the Finished Builds. Make sure your favorite 'perfect' shot is the first one at the top of your thread. That will be the one in the Voting Booth once it's up.

Headbadge is really cool!

12. Reallybigtim

Reallybigtim

My builds are never finished. I am always thinking of new ideas for them. And I just do this for fun........not trying to win anything. Just thought that I would share this cool build with everyone here. Might not even submit it to the voting booth. Haven't decided yet.

toro1978 likes this.
  13. RustyGold

RustyGold

Submit!

Err...I mean, please submit to the finished bikes thread, you can't pose the question, 'is this the perfect rat?', and not allow us all to weigh in :bigboss:. Besides, I love all things Duralium, so you'll get at least my vote :grin:

:rockout::rockout::rockout:SUBMIT!!!:rockout::rockout::rockout:

14. The Renaissance Man

The Renaissance Man __CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster) Pro Member

Looks great, love the little 13 badge. :cool2:

15. Funkme

Funkme

I prefer the middle guard gives more of a art deco look.
    Could always spray it with a light coat paint,bit of shine here n thr,give that what it once looked like vibe when it was new. The #13 is cool...

16. G-Matt

G-Matt

Like it like it a lot !
    Most guys make the SK shine like new money . I like you old & dusty point of view .
    Love the look of the bars on it & 13 badge is a perfect touch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Dr. Tankenstein

Dr. Tankenstein

I would get one of my votes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Reallybigtim

Reallybigtim

The term "perfect rat" is an oxymoron and my question was rhetorical in nature. Like I said, I do this for fun. I am very passionate about my art and I spent a lot of time and effort building, what I consider, the perfect rat. But I don't like the idea of one build being "better" than another. It's all so subjective. I would like to think of everyone here being on the same "building team" instead of being in competition with each other. If I do submit my entry.........my submission will be more like sharing with "the team" instead of campaigning for votes.

MattiThundrrr and SwissGuy like this.
  19. RustyGold

RustyGold

Its all for fun...I don't think anyone takes it too seriously...I just want a chance to show my appreciation for what went into a particular build that I find cool...by throwing a vote its way. It isn't a big imperialist vs communist manifesto...its bicycles.

Jason

20. Rust Buzzard

Rust Buzzard

What an incredible build! The tank looks like a Felt. Are the tubes welded in, I wonder? I am just amazed. This should still be in production, at least as a replica.

I feel like I have to re-evaluate everything I thought about design evolution.