SUBTERFUGE (Finished)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SUBTERFUGE

Gold Street Customs said:
As long as your keeping the pink fork, its all good!
so, does pink burn well???
I've never painted a bike in flaming Propane before! :lol:
img_1330.jpg

well the propane torch wasn't enough to get the effect I was looking for so I ramped it up a bit! here is a small glimpse as a tease for now. maybe more later.
img_1347.jpg

Ok, maybe one more!

"HELP!!! MY SCHWINN'S ON FIRE!!!
img_1341.jpg

Holy flaming bicycles Batman! This looks interesting.

exactly what I was trying for! and I just wanted to clarify that though I started with a Lightweight 10 speed I had no intention to end up with a lightweight 10 speed! another teaser photo or two!
img_1359.jpg

note to self, though a close fit 26 x 2.125 tires will fit a Schwinn Lightweight! :mrgreen:
img_1358.jpg

Ok, I couldn't stand not putting a full shot up so here goes, keeping in mind it may change a bit before the end:
(did I mention that when you put 26" wheels and a 24" springer on an already smallish 10speed it quickly gets very short!)
img_1351.jpg

you'd think so but I have never been able to get this springer to budge in the least and I weigh 210lbs! these springers have kind of a reputation for being junk. but it looks cool!
I may take a photo of it sitting next to Godzilla to show just how small it really is.

I always liked the look of those, but have no personal experience w/them. If they don't move much I think I would like them. More control and less wasted effort. I know that off-road suspension forks for bicycles are best kept too stiff to move just pedaling, otherwise you waste a lot of power just bouncing and bottoming out. I used to ride trails a lot w/my Rock Shox pumped up tight, it seemed not to move at all but I could go over stuff that would throw me on standard wishbones, and you could see where the dust covers pushed away the dirt. Good luck w/your build and happy cycling! :)

it's 4" shorter than Godzilla and has a 5" shorter wheelbase!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
I'm not kidding this thing was a 27" wheeled 10speed!!
how am I supposed to ride this thing?
img_1360.jpg

I'm 6'1" and 210lbs :shock: !!

i can hear the circus music now. oh the price we pay to look cool 8)

I hardly think I'm going to look cool like that! anyone have a spare 10 year old I can borrow for the photo shoot?? :lol:

well to make a bad situation worse, I thought it would look better if I trimmed the seat tube down and slammed the seat against the top bar, and it does but it also got shorter yet!
img_1377.jpg

would look cool with a laid back stem that drops the back of the seat right over the wheel. I know karfer welded his right on, but a similar look to that.

zoso said:
would look cool with a laid back stem that drops the back of the seat right over the wheel. I know karfer welded his right on, but a similar look to that.

I think so too.
if you can get the seat springs to dangle either side of the rear tire it would also balance well with the tightness of the front end.

Latest posts

Back