Taking in some of Melbourne's Street Art

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I apologise in advance as this post is a little pic heavy ;)

Yesterday morning I initially went to a "Coffee & Cars" meet in Port Melbourne and took one of the bikes along for the ride!!! Melbourne has some fantastic examples of Street Art in which some of the local inner city councils commission some great artists to put their work in the community knowing that it more than likely wont get 'tagged' with inferior crap due to a respect thing......

Anyway I started off at Uncle Rocco's Barbershop (where you can have a haircut whilst enjoying a coffee or a refreshing ale from the fridge. As it was a little early I decided on the Short Black without the 'Short Back n Sides'.

Getting a little annoyed with the antics of one of the car owners disrespect towards the bike, I decided to set off and check out a few of the sites around the area starting at one of my client's places

...then off around the local neighbourhood

Then finding a garage door with a tribute to Heath Ledger as 'The Joker'

And on the way home I just had to stop for this Ewe-nique photo opportunity.

Hope you like the pics as they were all taken just with my phone, I had a great morning out and some fun along the way.

Great pics, great bike!
My personal choice would be the one with the chicken and the spray can, looks the right framing for the calendar but may be too closely cropped... Not sure...

Luke.

Was fairly limited to the size of the art piece in comparison to the size of the bike with placement. Am undecided on the "Rams head" or "Under the Bridge" at the moment.....

Under the Bridge

Rams Head

Last edited:
Yeah I know but the bike was leaned over too far due to unstable ground and you can see the underside of the seat and the wheels look disproportionate to each other not to mention the actual frame looks better in Under the Bridge and it looks like a 4" rim on the back!!

Now I just have to work out which picture I want to submit in the Calendar thread... I have narrowed it down to couple, which one do you think?

Seventh pic from the top looks greatest to me.

Will this work? :shake:

2015-10-25%2009.54.38_zpsrhcmjrce.jpg

Latest posts

Back