Teen Manta Ray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Picked this 72 Manta Ray off Craigslist on Wednesday . Best she would take was $ 75 ? She had it in her thrift store in Chicago and brought it down when she moved to Fl . Stated that a older gentleman brought it in when his wife got to old to ride it . The Schwinn Manta Ray reminds me of a teenager who does not know what he wants to be when he grows up . They are part BMX , part road bike and a little muscle bike . I am sending this one to road bike school , because I already have the parts and its all I can offered .

20190116_110539.jpg

I ordered the following parts off Ebay today .
NOS S6 freewheel 24" wheel .
Cable set white.
Used Wienman gold dot brake handles .
OEM low rise handlebar .
Complete white decal set .
Placed a bid on a GT500 derailleur .
Tomorrow I'll take it a part and start the fun task of stripping the spray bomb black and the original lemon yellow paint .

That turned out sweet! I'm a big softie for the camelback frame anyway, but your interpretation is especially nice.

MANTA RAY ● S seat rebuilt with cover , vintage crash rail and Manta RAY seat badge . ● Lean back BMX seat post with vintage chrome cast schwinn clamp ● Vintage Manta Ray Weinmann brakes and levers with new pads . ● Vintage 24" Schwinn Fleet rear rack with Delta tail light . ● Vintage handlebars with slimline black Schwinn grips . ● New NOS CMC 540 rims with 36H KT hubs . ● Vintage Schwinn GT500 derailleur with Schwinn Sun Tour 14 - 32 freewheel and spoke protector . ● New ARISUN XLR8 540 24 x 1-3/8 BMX tires . ● New Schwinn BMX pedals . ● New cables with vintage clamps . ● NOS Schwinn Super Sport Headlight , waiting on hardware

Attachments

• MANTA RAY.pdf
    43.4 KB · Views: 133

Latest posts

Back