Tejas Ranger

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well last night was rough... I kept wondering what to do with my -to-me bike. It is a 24" bike, but I was wondering if I could fit a 26" set of wheels/tires in the frame. I was also wondering how jacked up the bearings were.

I found out this morning.

The rear hub can kind of turn, the BB bearings are drier than a thirsty camel, but that is to be expected after being left behind a shed for years, if not decades.

With a minor mod, it appears that I can put a 26" wheel in the back. I either have to find another 26" coaster bike, or replace the Bendix hub into a 26" wheel. I either have to swap forks or come up with an extension to run a 26" up front.

I showed the wife the bike after I stabbed a 26" (front) wheel in the back just to take a look and she glanced at it and said "Yuck" and walked into the house! lol

What do you guys think?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9ev6s8tdxwmn5v/20140420_101543.jpg

Oly

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Well last night was rough... I kept wondering what to do with my new-to-me bike. It is a 24" bike, but I was wondering if I could fit a 26" set of wheels/tires in the frame. I was also wondering how jacked up the bearings were.

I found out this morning.

The rear hub can kind of turn, the BB bearings are drier than a thirsty camel, but that is to be expected after being left behind a shed for years, if not decades.

With a minor mod, it appears that I can put a 26" wheel in the back. I either have to find another 26" coaster bike, or replace the Bendix hub into a 26" wheel. I either have to swap forks or come up with an extension to run a 26" up front.

I showed the wife the bike after I stabbed a 26" (front) wheel in the back just to take a look and she glanced at it and said "Yuck" and walked into the house! lol

What do you guys think?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9ev6s8tdxwmn5v/20140420_101543.jpg

Oly

Latest posts

Back