The black cloud.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my Univega 21 speed mountain bike. As I posted earlier, I never liked it. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18385 I had pulled the rims off of it for another project, so it was just in the way. I decided to build a fixie out of it. That might change though, as I found out the rims I used are 26X1 3/8, not 26X 1.75. I had planned to use 26X2.125 all white tires on it. So at the last minute it took another direction. I like it, kinda reminds me of an old model T. Anyway I cut off all the tabs, and barbs that it had welded to it. The frame and forks are flat black, and the wheels, handle bars, and chain ring are gloss black. I made a head badge in the shape of a heart, with the first letter of my last name on it, I'm not sold on it yet, but I'll leave it. The handle bars are cut down from a set of damaged apes. The seat and grips are from the stash. I made the seat post from the handle off an old shop vac, it's the same thickness of steel as the original one. The rear reflector is made from a reflector I bought at Lowe's, it's supposed to stick on mail boxes. I made the bracket, and filled the back of the reflector up with silicone, and stuck it together. It's not going anywhere. Enjoy, Dean
What I started with.
100_0658.jpg

Painted flat black
100_0667.jpg

Finished
100_0668.jpg

100_0671.jpg

100_0670.jpg

100_0669.jpg

100_0672.jpg

Very cool - simple, clean, and not at all what I'd expect a stripped MTB bike to look like.
The "Model T" is a great analogy!

awww man, i may have to run out to the garbage and grab the mountain bike frame i just threw out! that looks great! who knew a stripped mountain bike could actually look cool?

Latest posts

Back