The Board Track Racer, Briggs powered---Video

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The boardtrack- bobber-bicycle looking thing...

Yeah, It's designed for just the tips of the welder but it REALLY helps. Your bike is AMAZNG BTW!

I found this little gem at an antique shop. I was looking at these while shopping at Fleet Farm but the tractor filters were bigger and twice the cost.

I'll post pics when I'm finished cleaning it up. The bike shop is gonna be slow today...there's an ice storm.

DSCI0075-3.jpg

that filter is awesome! it came out really nice.

I really need a better camera and different lights.

DSCI0079-2.jpg

DSCI0080-2.jpg

DSCI0076-4.jpg

DSCI0081-2.jpg

Amazing bike!!!
I think it may look even better with a bigger headlight, but is just great the way it is.
Thumbs up, Keep up the good job! :mrgreen:

I actually thought the little looked small too. I was working on mounting one of these last night.

:D

13a9.jpg

=)
I really like the combination of new vs. old vs. restored vs. unrestored vs. finished vs. unfinished things...
It looks really cool.
You've done good.
When can we see it working?

This is an awesome Thread! My borther and I used to build mini bikes with Briggs 5 horse motors. There is a lot youcan do with those motors to pump them up. I'm reall considering a build like this in the future! Keep up the good work can't wait to see this finished!

Well, this morning I took the hacksaw to the rear triangle. The lines just are not doing it for me. But I think I tightened it up a bit and leveled the bike out again. I'm also making an upper engine brace/mount and adding bushings on the front of the engine to dampen vibration and make the engine sit vertical in the frame. It looks a lot better.

I'm waiting for a bigger carb to show up from a moped buddy, and I also might be getting a custom machined aluminum head! The stock cast iron head has cooling fins intended for use with the fan on the motor. If I get the new head I'm going to have the fins going inline with the bike and also about 2" taller.

Lastly. I'm an idiot. I need to return the chain clutch and pick up a belt clutch and another fixed gear for the jackshaft.

I can't run the fixed gear on the engine to the clutch...DUH....the clutch just spins.

haha! I had to read that twice! But I finally got it LOL.

Yeah, that's one of those "a picture is worth a thousand words" moments.

I picked up a block of 6061-T6 aluminum. I just got of the phone with the machinist and he is pumped to make me a new head! I can't wait!

On my way to work this morning I picked up a small 3/4" brass cap, and a 1 1/2" piece of thread steel pipe. I spent some time cleaning up the threads on the pipe and drilled a hole in the tank for it to thread into. I was able to reach in from the inside and thread the threaded pipe into the top of the tank so just the threads stick out. I'm gonna braze it in later on.

DSCI0074-5.jpg

I used the 1/4" copper tube for a breather (similar to cobrafreaks and other board track bikes). At first using a tubing bender turned out to be a nightmare. I finally filled the tube full of salt and bent it around a pipe I had. It worked great! I didn't want to have the breather mounted solid because I'm prone to breaking things. So I took a small rubber o-ring and mounted it on the outside of the cap. On the inside I used a rubber seal that's normally used for a bike pump. Now the breather is held in solid, but it will still turn. It may have to be soldered later on though.

DSCI0075-5.jpg

These are pics of what the bike looks like now. I took about an 1 1/4" out of the seat stay on top. I still need to weld it though. I think it tightened up the back end a bit and also lowered it a tiny bit. I also leveled the engine. I'm going to either use the rubber bushings or some SBC valve spring sections. It should also cut down on vibration.

DSCI0078-3.jpg

DSCI0081-3.jpg

Before-

DSCI0081.jpg

After...can you tell?

DSCI0077-5.jpg

She´s a duesy!
Salt ugh? That´s resourceful :idea:

Latest posts

Back