The Build-Off 8 HIGHLIGHT THREAD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Kingfish, I knew my build would be almost done in the first week since I'm not really planning anything really radical so I planned to take a bit of time off to look at some of the other builds and get ideas for mine and then adjust my strategy accordingly. And what better way to enjoy the creativity and talent here than with a nice brewed beverage.

kingfish254 said:
Thank Outskirtcustoms for pointing out this necessary step for any of the 170+ builds going on. I thought it deserved a highlight nod.

outskirtscustoms said:
Phase 6: Drink beer and assess the competition

(Substitute beverage of your choice).

There is so much coolness and wicked talent being dispayed in the build off. It's a must to take a look at the other builds and not just the highlight reel.
Haha! I like it!

Can't wait to see how Missingspokes works this into his build
Manfred's Chop Shop Cycle Truck

1f482ed76eda62a855f5759235fa2929_zps7f2010d8.jpg

Machine Age Victim is taking his bike to the woodshed
Simplistic Speed

Build26.jpg

Check out the ridgeline and flake that Ichotop is laying down!!!
Lemon Lime Stardust Fascination

376780_550753941648507_472089380_n.jpg

Luke the Joker has made some very cool progress on his "bicycle" wheels while travelling all over Oz.
Ese Loco Joker

8747831468_4174efd4c9.jpg

Toeslider said:
Even though I use it, I always felt like Rust-Oleum spray paint is for suckers, but if NATE can use it, I don't feel so bad:

null-9.jpg

Fleetwood Special: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=72842
I'm only using spray paint on this bike because more then likely I'm going to be restoring to factory specs. And don't want to spend a bunch of money on paint when in a couple yrs will be stripped off for factory paint work with base coat clear coat. But I'm sure this paint will look good for what it is. The key is making sure what is under the paint is smooth as possible.

outskirtscustoms said:
Yep, to do a nice paint job the prep work is key.
I agree taking your time and prep is the key to any paint job. I have done spray bomb jobs in the past that people had to ask if it was spray bombed or painted with a gun. Years ago I worked in a body shop where we repaired import cars before they went to the dealer and we had our fair share of rattle cans around the shop. That was the first place I ever used a refillable rattle can.

1boomtruck's Lucky # 7 is going to be a force to be reckoned with in anything goes!

Rolling2_zpsc089f696.jpg

Awesome frame and custom made forks, even made the bolts for the forks from aluminium stock!
Link:http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=72353&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Luke.

Some tricky fabrication going on with FireWing by KingFish. Notice the skirt guard reinforcement panels and mounting technique.
uzequ7a8.jpg

Thanks for the post MF

Check out what Irzouts has planned!
Forkless trike

P1000312.jpg

Thedude laid down some killer metal flake candy
Burnout Dragster

IMG_20130522_191835_edit0_zps32b5ad71.jpg

Check out the slick paint skills laid down by River City Speed
My Fair Lady

20130526_172050_zps558c5add.jpg

Latest posts