The By Accident build?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been working on some custom upholstery for a customer's car....(a very cool 81 TA Pro Touring LS3) :shock: full leather!

However!

As I have been moving around the shop I have been finding the odd bike part here and there.......well over the past week a bike has emerged in the corner of the shop :eek:

IMG_1899_zps9b24ff35.jpg

Im not sure of the frame or the year of the springer???? heck I'm not even sure where to go from here lol! "I do know that the seat is going to get a new cover!" ......."Black with a red snake skin center along with red stitchin flames!!!!! Oh ya!!!

IMG_1900_zps348ffd66.jpg

love some input! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: flat paint or shiny? bla bla bla lol

a real bright red with a black fork set up of coarse with the chrome bits showing... and the seat you discribed some black grips and maybe black wheel leave the spokes chrome too.. thats what i would do... but then again im me and your you.. still a nice build.. funny i also did the same this past friday made a pile of scattered parts and bam.. a bike emerged.. a real smooth rider might i add... :mrgreen:

The B.A. build name fits this in more ways than one!! :wink:

Personally I like the coppertone color, I'd add some grips, pedals, chain, and flip the rockers on the springer to give it a little rake and call it done.

The fork is a 50s westfield/Columbia unit. the frame is a head scratcher! It looks like the import frames that were Czech products, many badged as "Rapido". But, it also seems to have a regular one piece crankset, where an import would have a 3 piece. It might be something Stelber imported, they put some really wacky stuff out there! -Adam

Love how the top bar ends above the curved bars. Very cool frame.

X2 on flip the fork brackets. Finish the misc items needed to ride and ride it till ya wear the tires to the tubes. 8)

Latest posts

Back