The Canary Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So not alot has happened here either no time, no money, or just waiting for things to be delivered! But I did buy the chain today and installed it!
IMG_20190519_182849.jpg

Hi all,
Still little Progress happening here, apart from I needed a bike to ride to work, so I've plonked on my wife's saddle, and some old raliegh handlebars (I am still waitng for them to be delivered,) and have started to ride her. She's pretty smooth, but I have 1.75 tubes in there, and the tyres are 2.0, and you can tell the difference so need to replace those! But I can kinda see how she's coming, I think it needs fatter tyres?!? Maybe some 2.5s? I don't know...... And maybe a layback seat post????
IMG_20190521_174218.jpg

The seat is just a stand-in, right? If the seat is black, use the black grip option. "Belt matches the shoes" color rule. :wink1:

Otherwise, your yellow ones match the frame well. Cork is cool, but only with a darker paint like browns, dark red, black IMO.

The seat is just a stand-in, right? If the seat is black, use the black grip option. "Belt matches the shoes" color rule. :wink1:

Otherwise, your yellow ones match the frame well. Cork is cool, but only with a darker paint like browns, dark red, black IMO.
The seat is just a stand in, I've gone for a brown sprung leather, brooks style saddle,, I was thinking the yellow,

Definitely black grips if you want to have a black seat.

Saddle arrived........
IMG_20190528_082429.jpg
a shade lighter then in picture, but I've oiled it, and will keep oiling till its darker! And I've also stumbled on some old triumph guards
IMG_20190528_082017.jpg

Was thinking I g strip back to bare metal, find some better stays and plonk em on, as it likes to rain alot here, it'll stop my ... getting too wet!!!

Nice saddle. Yeah, some Bear Grease or Mink Oil should help darken, and soften, up that saddle some. Bare metal fenders will fit well on there! RaT oN~!

Those fenders look cool. Maybe you could paint them brown, and find matching brown handles... that would be totally awesome!

So progress has kinda come to a stop, as life took over and just been busy, but I have spent a few hours rubbing down the front Fender, and that's now done, just do the back now but as I'm not a fan over rubbing down, it's not at the top of my list of things to do! The bike is still being rode every day, still smooth, and as summer is now here, she often gets let's loose along the sea front!
IMG_20190606_104018.jpg

So here's an update,
IMG_20190627_122342.jpg

So the mudgaurds/ fenders didn't work out to plan, the stem I originally ordered never showed, but here she is as she stands. Looking at it here, I think a laid back seat post, brown grips, and hopefully, a vintage/repro stem(if and when I find one I like, and that fits, 21.1mm) and possibly a new chain ring? what yous guys thinking, opinions count!

I'm struggling for options for a quill/stem here in the UK, I'm In need of a 21.1mm ideally with a 25.4mm bar clasp, (I can get a shim if not) any help, anyone, send me photos of any anyone is selling please!!!

Sweet!! I'd paint that start part inside of the crank black but that's just me...GTB!! Peace

I won't have a stem that is that long in those dimensions, Craig. But I might have one that is more vintage in the correct dimensions. I'll check in the light of day (it's 9:30pm here now).

I won't have a stem that is that long in those dimensions, Craig. But I might have one that is more vintage in the correct dimensions. I'll check in the light of day (it's 9:30pm here now).
It can be a short length, as I may still get ape hangers! But 21.1mm is diameter, as long as its 22.2 or bigger at the clasp! But thanks man!

Latest posts

Back