The Eliminators: Wife's Bike revamped

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Eliminators, Nephew's first ride pics

Won't be long and he will get the hang of it and start poppin wheelies!!!

Great job!

Re: The Eliminators, 24" Eliminator 90% done

Thanks for all the responses, so long ago :lol:
4.5 hours tonight and its all there but not totally done...
IMG_8522II.jpg

More later, I'm tired but happy :D
Thanks for looking
Steve

Re: The Eliminators, 24" Eliminator Sunshine pics

Thanks Freddy :D I see you're switching yours up again 8) Can't wait to see it all come together

Got a few more pics of the parts
I bought a new (cheap) Sunlite 5.5" crank becasuse I was sick of only finding bent ones
What a piece of junk! The chrome wasn't on part of it and the chainring wouldn't fit, Arghhh!
Found out the one piece crank (with multiple gears) on the 24" fork donor bike was 5.5"
It ended up being straight and looks more sleek/nice finish so I cleaned it up and used it :D
You might be able to see the difference (Sunlite in the rear)
IMG_8517_zps240066ec.jpg

Here is a comparison of the front and rear tire size, Big and Littles :D
Hoggy G (iso 507) 24"X 3.45 (but about 2.8" in the 1.5" rim) and Specialized Mondo (iso 520) 24"x1"
this set inspired the tire combo for RBB7 Jacked up Pilot
IMG_8516_zps7efb3e23.jpg

IMG_8514_zps13335a0e.jpg

It was sunny last weekend so I pulled it out but too snowy/icy to ride with slicks :lol:
IMG_8525II_zps7b755948.jpg

IMG_8528II_zps52c2fbb5.jpg

Got the 10% left, hooking up the shifter, better attach the chainguard, and headbadge
Thinking I want a tall sissy bar and different pedals yet too
I'll get to that soon but the weather is going to be great for riding today (the winter bike :wink: ) so it'll have to wait

Thanks for looking
Steve

Re: The Eliminators, 24" Elim: First Ride/tire comp

Thanks Big Country! Your Big Dawg came out very cool, glad to here it's a hit
Thanks Peatbog, Early on I was trying out some longer forks like you are using with your big chopper

Glad you like it Murray Eliminator. You helped out a lot with your research and 24" frame
I like the fat slick too :D :D

Had the tire combo on the Eliminator first and then tried something similar with JUP
It was sunny today so I stacked them up for comparison: JUP 26" BoaG and 24" Elim 24" HoggyG 24", 24"forks on both
IMG_8592II_zpscd5352d8.jpg

Sure like having 2 bikes with awesome fat slicks yet very different
Mr Kool said JUP was the grandpa of muscle bikes, I think he was right
IMG_8593_zps956cf848.jpg

It was so nice out and I hadn't ridden the bike and I couldn't stand it any more
Stripped off the bits hat need work yet and tightened down some of the bolts
Walked it down the icy alley to the front sidewalk and rode cautiously with the slicks
IMG_8599_zps9e4e2676.jpg

When I got to the end of the block I looked up and saw a woman smiling at me, I smiled back and waved then she waved back :D
Think this bike's going to get some looks. It HAS to have a tall sissy bar now :wink:
Can't wait now to get everything done now. Might be even able to pop a wheelie in first gear :D :D

Thanks for looking
Steve

Very nicely done, bike looks great. 8)

And a tall sissybar would be perfect!

I love that wheel combo and it fits right in next to JUP!
I want an adult size muscle bike.
I am thinking about building out my Murray Firecat with dropout extensions to hold a Sulky or BOAG and either the my Firecat fork or my Schwinn Spoiler springer with a skinny wheel up front.

kingfish254 said:
I love that wheel combo and it fits right in next to JUP!
I want an adult size muscle bike.
I am thinking about building out my Murray Firecat with dropout extensions to hold a Sulky or BOAG and either the my Firecat fork or my Schwinn Spoiler springer with a skinny wheel up front.

Do it, I would like watch that build. We need more adult size muscle bikes!

Looks awesome Steve! The tire combo on both bikes are sick! 8)

It been a long time since I posted on here (7Jan) :shock:

Thanks for your long-ago replies I left unanswered :oops:
Funny to read Kingfish's post now knowing he already had FireWing in his head :D

Done some work to to my 24" Eliminator which you might have seen on FIL thread
Finally got the shifter on and it works great! :D (Thanks Dr T for the advice!!)
Riding home in the pouring rain from Tour De Fat, still have to post those pics yet...
IMG_1358II.jpg

So the Mpls Messaround is tomorrow and is always a fun way to finish up summer
This is how my Wife's 20" eliminator looked and I wasn't totally happy with it
The tire combo wasn't right because I couldn't get an enormous rear tire in to overwhelm the recumbent front
IMG_6754II.jpg

So I had big plans to put on some normal rims on and some white BMX tires
But I started them this week and couldn't get the rims polished in time :roll:

So I remembered that I had a Carlisle NOS whitewall slick that I could swap in
and it should look more "right" for the messaround (Rat Rod car/MC show)
I think it looks good enough and the white components look sharp
Had to add the electra rear view mirror and my Wife's Hello Kitty bell too :lol:
IMG_2060.jpg

Beautiful day for a shakedown ride and it worked well, the new seat is sooo white, it blurs the pics :lol:
It's almost more pig bike shaped than banana and has 2-3 times the padding my other seats have :D
IMG_2058.jpg

Think I like the way the whitewall makes the black part about as thick as the front tire. Anybody else see that?
IMG_2066.jpg

The NOS slick is a "true" 2+1/8" wide, think I like the Big and Little ratio too
IMG_2069II.jpg

Had to take a shot outside Hymie's Vintage Record (vinyl) shop, it pretty cool in there
IMG_2071II.jpg

A few more bikes to fix up tonight for a couple of friends who are going for the first time
Looking forward to tomorrow's show, I'll start a new post in the Events sections
I better quit posting and get going :lol:

Thanks for looking
Steve

Thanks Big Country! Your Big Dawg came out very cool, glad to here it's a hit
Thanks Peatbog, Early on I was trying out some longer forks like you are using with your big chopper

Glad you like it Murray Eliminator. You helped out a lot with your research and 24" frame
I like the fat slick too :D :D

Had the tire combo on the Eliminator first and then tried something similar with JUP
It was sunny today so I stacked them up for comparison: JUP 26" BoaG and 24" Elim 24" HoggyG 24", 24"forks on both
IMG_8592II_zpscd5352d8.jpg

Sure like having 2 bikes with awesome fat slicks yet very different
Mr Kool said JUP was the grandpa of muscle bikes, I think he was right
IMG_8593_zps956cf848.jpg

It was so nice out and I hadn't ridden the bike and I couldn't stand it any more
Stripped off the bits hat need work yet and tightened down some of the bolts
Walked it down the icy alley to the front sidewalk and rode cautiously with the slicks
IMG_8599_zps9e4e2676.jpg

When I got to the end of the block I looked up and saw a woman smiling at me, I smiled back and waved then she waved back :D
Think this bike's going to get some looks. It HAS to have a tall sissy bar now :wink:
Can't wait now to get everything done now. Might be even able to pop a wheelie in first gear :D :D

Thanks for looking
Steve
I'm so glad I found this post I have a 20" eliminator and extended the stays for a 24" and the hoggy g is the tire I am wanting been wandering how it would look on my rim and bike and it looks great on yours ! Do you still have this bike and do you still enjoy it?

Latest posts

Back