The Flat Landers of Ayer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Broke my tube bender.............. I still need one more tube bent............. and the tank mounted.............. and spoke up the kickback............... paint.............. ride...................... yeah, I'm allmost done :D
Not this week end, I'm leaving for the Quechee Balloon Fest in a few minutes :D

Graylock

Graylock said:
Broke my tube bender.............. I still need one more tube bent............. and the tank mounted.............. and spoke up the kickback............... paint.............. ride...................... yeah, I'm allmost done :D

Graylock
Hope you had fun at the balloon fest. NO dogs, NO bicycles allowed and you still went!....For Fathers day my son wanted me to go on a balloon ride, I wonder if that was where he was thinking?...I very politely, and graciously explained to him, that I don't like flying in a plane, so flying in a "clothes" basket was out of the question.

Oh come-on yous guys – birds seem to enjoy flying :!: :?: :p

ZygoteLittle said:

because they can glide to safety after their engine conks out.

ZygoteLittle said:

See how well they fly with a clothes basket tied to their feet.

KOTA said:
Graylock said:

Graylock
Hope you had fun at the balloon fest. NO dogs, NO bicycles allowed and you still went!....For Fathers day my son wanted me to go on a balloon ride, I wonder if that was where he was thinking?...I very politely, and graciously explained to him, that I don't like flying in a plane, so flying in a "clothes" basket was out of the question.

Thanks for your concern KOTA. Your right about the dogs and bike....... yikes, I still went. Had a blast. I helped a Quechee local Criss Ritland with inflating the baloon. I had the privilage as a pilot last year at the fest. I also went this year as a balloon chaser (this is not a drink guys!). What a blastI had.
............ wait, this is a bike build going on here! Getting back into it seeing that I have so me spare time :D . Lets get back into it.

Graylock

Very well, GL, now that we know that a conversation about flying clothes baskets won’t fly; all puns intended! :wink:

Anyway, is anyone’s Ayer Flatlander ready for riding at this point? Please, post pics (if you can) as to where your ride is at this point regardless of state of finish.

The Nutcracker is ready to go, tweaking and test rides are all done, she rides like a dream and is effortlessly fast for an RRB!

The pedal clips have been replaced (since this picture was taken) with “flat pedals”; it turns-out that riding a bicycle with coaster brakes and pedal clips is not a good combination when stopping! OUCH! The bicycle is alright – my dignity after the resulting ignominious fall, not-so-much. :|

The Nutcracker
Nutcracker001.jpg

Looking ahead to our group ride in Ayer! Peace guys

So, who has theirs finished or at least started; pics anyone?

Can’t wait to go on this ride with you guys in September!

Yeah, thanks for that info Graylock. I'm free of worries till Labor Day Weekend, and after that I'm still good to pledge my time to finish my build. I spent a good part of last week and through the weekend at the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival in Hillsdale NY. I painted up this bike to match my wife's T@B that she calls the Pine Cone so I named the bike the Pine Mule. I'll bring the bike to the HPVF.

8)

Graylock

Latest posts

Back