'THE GUNSLINGER'

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The brown and gold on black would have a nice 'wild west saloon' flair to it. Of course, you'd need garter to ride it....:wondering: :bigsmile:

Cool plan and design layout. Just curious, I'm sure your location is pretty temperate year 'round? Being on the ocean and all. Still like to get to Greece some day. Sister-in-law and nephew went a couple years ago and loved it.
It is all over the place,the winter. We could have 20'c one day and then 1-3'c the next.Winds in the 7-10 or no wind. Today it is raining,13'c and next few days it is suppose to snow. In the summer 25-40. Without wind it is a stinker,but the winds can be 6-7 for over a mth,can drive you crazy.Harder to pedal.

Nothing to report at the moment just been ordering lights,stripes etc.
Just finished a big building job,well sort off. Has been put on hold until the weather improves. I want to have it completed so I can just concentrate on building this bike.Thinking to add another build in if I can.But in the mean time I need to get out into my leaky storage workshop and arrange it so that I can work. I have also made space inside my house,if the weather does not improve.

Just waiting for the wind and rain to stop so I can waterproof it.
15823386_10154439305784811_5228343750125560913_n.jpg
15826045_10154439306344811_3427604837603620103_n.jpg
15894634_10154439306019811_1478466938016910451_n.jpg

Next is to strip down the dark one and rebuild. But that wont be until end of FEB.

So now is bike time.
Will start stripping down the frame in a few days.

I'm seeing a step stool on top of a table in that middle pic. Daredevil girl strikes again! Watch yourself Funk, we don't want you to end up in a Grecian urn. What's a Grecian urn you say? Oh, about a $1.75 an hour......(sorry, couldn't resist!)
:21:

I'm seeing a step stool on top of a table in that middle pic. Daredevil girl strikes again! Watch yourself Funk, we don't want you to end up in a Grecian urn. What's a Grecian urn you say? Oh, about a $1.75 an hour......(sorry, couldn't resist!)
:21:
:rofl:
That was to place the beams on,so I could lift them up...
Are you crazy I would not stand on a ladder that's on a table...I use a chair instead.:D

1. Yes. I have started.... So far I cleaned out my workshop and roofed the one I work under, as bad weather has set in. And it was a delight today working under while it rained.
  2. Started striping the frame,took over half a day. Everything had seized ,so just took to it with a angel grinder. Chopped the pedals,forks,etc. No amount of wd-40 and heat and hammering was going to budge those parts free.
    20170119_132304.jpg
    All the chopped up bits
    20170119_132216.jpg
  3. A few mock ups. Different heights with different springs and handlebars. Not so happy with all that extra space in the front ,looks odd. That is using the original stem(ment to be used more with a flat tank)
  4. With long motorcycle bars
    20170119_163400.jpg
    With old higgin bars
    20170119_163928.jpg
    20170119_163939.jpg
    With long shock (bike is too tall)
    20170119_171512.jpg
    Lowered down(closer to where the shock is suppose to be)
    20170119_171909.jpg
    I just used a bit of old plumbing pipe,but it is all bent in the wrong places. Will go and get some decent pipe tomorrow, and bend it better. This was just a test run.
  5. I might shuffle around with the forks a little,try to take away the original stem and replace it with a normal bike stem. This would raise the handlebars higher. Still deciding on what style of bars to use.

Attachments

• 20170119_163655.jpg
    20170119_163655.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 177
  • 20170119_162916.jpg
    20170119_162916.jpg
    456.8 KB · Views: 195
I'm digging the humpback whale look of the frame.
That fork is killer too. Between you concept and the mock up, it has a Wild Mad West Max vibe going on.

Maybe a faux tank to fill the space?

And yup, definitely gonna have to get a fork like that.
;) There will be a tank with a surprise.

I'm digging the humpback whale look of the frame.
That fork is killer too. Between you concept and the mock up, it has a Wild Mad West Max vibe going on.
I believe the original concept had come from a bike I had seen on a FB page.
Kept the photos, but the pc crashed and I lost them all.
And then I saw the mad max movie and seen this bike.
6bed33e1361b1a4b0de08bc461e8dcc7.jpg

So I thought why not breed the 2 together.
The first design was suppose to be simple coaster,no gears etc. With motorcycle rims and tires.A heavy look of a bike called renegade outlaw.
Now I am going above and beyond to make it more ride-able for the roads here. Normal bike rims,tires ,gears,disk brakes etc.
It will have a twist to it in the end.;)

wow those forks are amazing what are they from ?
My girder forks? Something like a nsu, goyon, motobecane. A old bike from early 1900 to 1940.

1. Yes. I have started.... So far I cleaned out my workshop and roofed the one I work under, as bad weather has set in. And it was a delight today working under while it rained.
  2. Started striping the frame,took over half a day. Everything had seized ,so just took to it with a angel grinder. Chopped the pedals,forks,etc. No amount of wd-40 and heat and hammering was going to budge those parts free.View attachment 43592All the chopped up bitsView attachment 43591
  3. A few mock ups. Different heights with different springs and handlebars. Not so happy with all that extra space in the front ,looks odd. That is using the original stem(ment to be used more with a flat tank)
  4. With long motorcycle barsView attachment 43585With old higgin bars View attachment 43587 View attachment 43588 With long shock (bike is too tall)View attachment 43589 Lowered down(closer to where the shock is suppose to be)View attachment 43590 I just used a bit of old plumbing pipe,but it is all bent in the wrong places. Will go and get some decent pipe tomorrow, and bend it better. This was just a test run.
  5. I might shuffle around with the forks a little,try to take away the original stem and replace it with a normal bike stem. This would raise the handlebars higher. Still deciding on what style of bars to use.
Ingenuity at it's best. I can't imagine anything that extreme. Are you an artist? I'll have to see what you do with this, I can't invasion where you are headed or how you even figured out how to do this. I gotta do stuff straight forward, I can't think out of the box.

I'm wondering if I can tape my bike together too...

Merle. :crazy:

Ingenuity at it's best. I can't imagine anything that extreme. Are you an artist? I'll have to see what you do with this, I can't invasion where you are headed or how you even figured out how to do this. I gotta do stuff straight forward, I can't think out of the box.
It takes a lot of planning and swearing. A lot of the time I sit scratch and think,sleep on it. eg: I have come up with a new front end style. Still using the girder but a different way. But need to make sure the weight is all even from front to back.

Latest posts

Back