The Jetsons meet The Munsters

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have decided to tear down this 63 AstroFLight and either clean up the chrome or rattle can it black with chrome highlights and paint all the parts that are red into like copper. anbody have suggestions. either that or keep it chrome, change all the red to copper. Im gonna use "cropdusters" bike as inspiration. I really love where he is going with his and it has really inspired me to work on mine. hang in there and enjoy the flight.

well not sure im allowed to post any pics so oh well i guess youll just have to visualize~!!

don't forget to post an intro!! Welcome to the board!!

check the "bike talk" section for a post called "how to post photos" or something like that. It'll get you up and running.

all of that will keep you from seeing something like this:

worthless.gif

:lol: :lol:

Wish this had pictures... Never heard of an AstroFlight... What's it look like? Glad to have you on board! And don't forget to introduce yourself man!

Well that would involve having a lot more server space for the site. And I would imagine that would cost lots more money. Since this is a volunteer run site, I would say that's out of the question.

photobucktet accts are free and I've had very good luck with them.

thanks for the help guys. ill have more up this evening with the latest. ive started the rust removal process and starting to sandblast prime and paint some parts. ill keep you posted..thanks for looking

Welcome aboard!....WOW! What I could do with that shop................I could make that the most UNORGANIZED place you ever saw!

ive begun the rust removal process with oxalic acid. and now starting to prime all the parts to be painted. I also took a tracing of the design on the rear rack so i can duplicate it after its been repainted.(maybe). i discovered a crack in the fork so now i have to try to weld it up. other than that its in pretty good shape besides all the rust. i think i am leaning toward rattle canning it black because the chrome is pretty bad. but still undecided about that. Im photoshopping a mock up of what it would like like when its done just to see if im heading in the right direction or if i am way off!! im also sourcing out some parts to convert the front headlight and rear strobe into L.E.D. i may have to swap the tires as well because they are BAD. but they do roll, so again we'll see.. too soon into the build to have any answers yet... as you all may know already!!! haha...oh and thanks for the garage compliments i really take those to heart because i just completed the remodel and i really love it as well. i was inspired by a Park bottom bracket tool......please stay tuned

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0522-1.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

parktool.jpg

few more changes...im calling it done for now..may play with the bars a little. now its all about the details. converting the lights to L.E.D and all that good stuff. enjoy!

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

Latest posts

Back