The Low Tracker is Finished!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I will have to say this forum and project have been great to be associated with and I had a great time working on the bike and testing my fab skills. I have always wanted to build a tanks and for my first attempt I am pleased with how it turned out. all of the great encouraging comments kept the project fresh and fun. Needless to say the competition really kept me interested. Some of the ideas coming from the minds of gearheads are incredible. The stand out bike for me is the Drag King by renaissance man. Simply stunning. The brackets he used motivated me to buy a band saw so I can try to keep up. The unexpected side effect of this project was how involved my 13 year old son was. He started out luke warm but turned into my second set of eyes when making design decisions. He has more miles on it than me! Here are some detail photos and two final submissions for your review. Thanks for your time and consideration
20140721_195904_zpsgjbsejut.jpg

Vintage glass bowl fuel filter we bought for $2 and the Iola swap meet a couple of weeks ago.
20140721_195926_zpsoujwhlv1.jpg

The spoon handle for the break support is an idea I stole from someone else. I thought it was a cool idea so here it is.
20140721_195939_zpshjtdq8ah.jpg

A camping lantern I bought on eBay that matched the patina of the bike. here is the battery box and switches to turn on the headlamp and tail light.
20140721_200201_zps6qc3ogt4.jpg

Close up of the tank and motor.
20140721_195959_zps9bk6mfk6.jpg

20140721_200033_zpswmjkq5ij.jpg

20140721_200016_zpsuagwvmqc.jpg

Finished!

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/low-tracker.83555/

I will have to say this forum and project have been great to be associated with and I had a great time working on the bike and testing my fab skills. I have always wanted to build a tanks and for my first attempt I am pleased with how it turned out. all of the great encouraging comments kept the project fresh and fun. Needless to say the competition really kept me interested. Some of the ideas coming from the minds of gearheads are incredible. The stand out bike for me is the Drag King by renaissance man. Simply stunning. The brackets he used motivated me to buy a band saw so I can try to keep up. The unexpected side effect of this project was how involved my 13 year old son was. He started out luke warm but turned into my second set of eyes when making design decisions. He has more miles on it than me! Here are some detail photos and two final submissions for your review. Thanks for your time and consideration
20140721_195904_zpsgjbsejut.jpg

Vintage glass bowl fuel filter we bought for $2 and the Iola swap meet a couple of weeks ago.
20140721_195926_zpsoujwhlv1.jpg

The spoon handle for the break support is an idea I stole from someone else. I thought it was a cool idea so here it is.
20140721_195939_zpshjtdq8ah.jpg

A camping lantern I bought on eBay that matched the patina of the bike. here is the battery box and switches to turn on the headlamp and tail light.
20140721_200201_zps6qc3ogt4.jpg

Close up of the tank and motor.
20140721_195959_zps9bk6mfk6.jpg

20140721_200033_zpswmjkq5ij.jpg

20140721_200016_zpsuagwvmqc.jpg

Finished!

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/low-tracker.83555/
Berry nize.

Very cool brotha! A lot of cool details in this ride. I like the vintage glass fuel bowl, battery box, tank for sure and the whole bike overall. If your ever in Tempe, AZ let me know well hit a ride.

Very cool brotha! A lot of cool details in this ride. I like the vintage glass fuel bowl, battery box, tank for sure and the whole bike overall. If your ever in Tempe, AZ let me know well hit a ride.
A BIG Plus One!

I like the tank a lot, would love to build one of these some day :thumbsup:

Superb work and detail buddy!!!
Great build!
BRAVO!!

Latest posts

Back