The Necromonger (Getting Tanked and Inked!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Necromonger 26, 24 or 20?????

I have been really busy this week getting ready for our local Bike Festival making it really hard to work on my build off bike.

I did find time to throw some parts together for a little side project so I can add one more bike to the show. This is what I came up with.

Anirondack chair + bike = Anironbike.

Re: The Necromonger (AnironBike side project)

I won a gift certificate from our local bike shop at the Bike Fest last weekend. They had 1 lonely Fattie-O that had been on the shelf for a while so I decided to bring it home with me. I mounted it up on the Necromonger and like how it looks. Not sure what wheel/hub combo I will be using yet but at least it is progress. I guess I need to scare up a slick for the front wheel. I also threw on a seat post I made from an old stem but I don't know if it will stay.

Re: The Necromonger

I had time to cut out a "tank" this weekend but that is about all I could get done.

Re: The Necromonger (Getting Tanked)

First off, love the bike, backwards fork and all! Second, how did you attach the handlebars to the bottom of the fork? I wantto do that but can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Had in-laws for the last 4 weeks "helping" with the baby. That and some internet trouble is the reason for my lack of progress. But it looks like I am going to get some time to work on my bike this week. I decided to run a rear coaster brake up front with the sketchy lever placement on the fork. I haven't cut the chain or tied off the cable yet but you get the idea.

Not sure if I want to keep the front rack or ditch it???????

JGood said:
First off, love the bike, backwards fork and all! Second, how did you attach the handlebars to the bottom of the fork? I wantto do that but can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

With an Allen wrench :D Just a matter of finding the right fork and introducing it to the right stem.

Re: The Necromonger (Front Coaster)

I got a sweet TwentyG tire in the mail today.

I was nervous that there wouldn't be enough room but it fits with room to spare.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I guess 1000 Build Off fans cant be wrong, so I took off the rack and turned the fork around.

Re: The Necromonger (Front Coaster)

Georgeediii said:
I got a sweet TwentyG tire in the mail today.

I was nervous that there wouldn't be enough room but it fits with room to spare.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I guess 1000 Build Off fans cant be wrong, so I took off the rack and turned the fork around.
Looks so much better this way and improves the stance of the bike.

Re: The Necromonger (20G)

Fa Fa Fa FAT
and
Ba Ba Ba BAD

Diggin it!!

Re: The Necromonger (20G)

I got the front end painted and about 90% assembled. Still need the grips, a brake knob and to tie down the brake arm.

Here is a video of the front coaster brake in action.

Re: The Necromonger (Front End Working)

I have been stalled the last couple of days waiting for last minute parts. In the meantime I have been tinkering with colors and finally getting a handle on the brake lever. The frame is going to be a very flakey red and I am still trying to colormatch the sprocket to a sparkley saddle I had.

Re: The Necromonger (Front End Working)

I got a crazy deal on an old school white letter Hoggy-G. I was expecting it to be bigger than the Fatti-O but they are really pretty much the same size just different shape and tread pattern. Either way I will be using it cause it matches the Twenty-G up front. I have a black rim on the way for the rear but I mounted it up on a borrowed rim to see the difference.

Re: The Necromonger (From Fatti to Hoggy)

I like the front brake. But I'm not sure I would want to go first. Can't wait for pictures.

Latest posts

Back