The Red Baron

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
image.jpeg
Ok so well first off I will say I have already cheated with this. I started this transformation about 3 weeks ago. Simple because January in upstate NY is just to .... cold to run my heat in my shop. So that all being said. I'm just in this for fun and a reason to look at this site ever 12 mins lol. Ok so I had this Rollfast middle weight kicking around my estate for years. It started life and a single speed with white walls. Not a bad riding bike. Then I transformed it to a Bendix 2 speed with some PHAT brick tires. Road even better but did not stop to go. Then then I had the master plan in my head. If I had a cat scan it would have showed just a bit more brain activity then I needed to live. So I had this simplex 5 speed stick shift and a 5 speed NOS Simplex derailer. I deside do to make this a 5 speed stick shift with front and rear Disk. I laced my own wheels with wheel aster front and rear disk hubs. Bought me some of them eBay disk brake adapters. Now I have this bike for you guys. Ohhhhhh yeah them Thick slicks yoooooooo. This bike is sweet now.
image.jpeg

With the red tires and Bendix 2 speed.
image.jpeg

Building of the wheels.

image.jpeg

5 speed disk brake wheels with them Thick Slicks yoooooo. All mounted and balanced.

image.jpeg

Wheels on with shifter mounted and derilor. And it works freeeeking perfect. Wish I could get customers bikes to shift that freeeeking good.
image.jpeg

Other side so you can see the disks.
image.jpeg

Rear all set. Had to bend and twist and pry a little. But it works good.

image.jpeg

Same on the front. Just need to button up a few nuts and bolts and I'm ready to ride. Only when the temp goes higher then how old I am.

Right up my alley! Modern go/stop-power on a not-quite-so-exclusive frame--and you've executed it very well.

Awesome bike, and I love those thick slicks.

Nice wheels man!

Put it all together in my house today. It's just to cold to ride. It's gona hang out in my top row till it warms up a bit. Put on the finishing touches and it will be done.View attachment 68882

So how do your storage racks work? Are they a purchased item or did you fabricate them? Closeup photos? I’m curious. Nice bike also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how do your storage racks work? Are they a purchased item or did you fabricate them? Closeup photos? I’m curious. Nice bike also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey thanks. The racks are from a old bicycle shop display. Made the wood part out of some 2x4s took some doing but they work pretty good.

Pretty much done. My Rollfast custom called the red Barron. 5 speed conversion with stick shift. Front and rear disc brakes. Generator head light. Rides pretty good. The rear brake feels a little spongy but it still stops good. Yes it's for sale. $475 and you have to pay for the ride.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Turned out nice.
Good mix of old and new

Looks good in your shop. Which town are you in in upstate NY?

Latest posts

Back