The Ruler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am so ready my head has been spinning for a week. Got all my work done so I can get in the shop early in the morning and get started. I have stayed away from the shop to keep away the urge to start early. Tommorrow we roll I will take pics of the donors in the morning and get crankin. Post pics tommorow night. Good luck to everyone.

Re: [Muscle Bike Build Off] The Ruler

I have been thinking about building my old schwinn Ruler into a muscle trike for about a year now and slowly gathering the parts I think I have everything I need so tommorow Ill sdo a first mockup. Still not sure which forks Ill use or if I will use a 26in. or a 20in. frt wheel Rears are new HD 241n. or do I go with the occ 24in. front . I guess I will try all three wheels and both front ends and see which turns my crank.

GIT TO BUILDIN!

Your build has "good bones", Biggdaddy. Good luck!!! 8)

Today I had to prep 6 of my flipper bikes for CL as that is how I make my living since getting laid off in august (nice to have a little business you love to fall back on when times are tough. Any way only had a couple hours to do some test fitting and see what things look like. Ended up going weith the tube forks the springer didn't look right. Amazingly the rear housing fit better than I thought it was going to. I will have to drill 2 holes to lock down thr rear housing and 2 for the sissy bar and thats it. I think the big apes are a little too tall any input fellas? Well here is the fisrt photo of the ruler any and all input will be appreciated

Got to do a lil more test fitting today everything is looking good but wheel sizing is giving me fits. I had pl,anned on 24 rear and 20 front but that makes it look like it is nose diving so I went 24/24 and that looks to level. So now Im thinking maybe 20 rear 24 frt the only problem is I think th 20 rears will look to small on the back.So now i'm thinking 24 rear/26 frt maybe Ill do both and take photos tomorrow and get ya'll yo give me somefeedback.

Nice! I love everything about a trike but storing them. Way cool man

BTW Apes look great! The seat seems to interrupt the flow a little bit. Maybe a low back sissy would flow better. But that just an opinion. It looks clean and mean though keep going. 8)

Finally got some time to change a few things . Put on the small sissybar and tried out two different tire and wheel combos
the pic w/whitewalls is 24 rear and 26 frt. blackwalls is 20 rear 24 frt I really need some input because I can't dicide I thnk the 20/24 combo but just not feeling sure HELP. I need to figure this out so I can tear it down to get it sandblasted.

Ok I'm going with the white walls! I have it all torn down and I am in the process of stripping the frame other than that nothing great to report maybe some new pics next week.

Finally got to do a little work on the ruler today a couple hours anyway. Progress finaly. Started stripping the frame I think I need some better stripper it's really slow going with the stripeze stripper. I also got the chain gaurd all stripped then decided to use a different one due to the amount of bodywork this one needs that I do not have time to do. Also got all my crenk parts stripped sanded and primed Yeah. hopfully the frame rearend and chain gaurd will be srtipped and primed by the weekend.

Latest posts

Back