The Something!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaxRhapsody

Rhapsodic Laviathan
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a 2012 Drifter 1 cruiser that is going to be some kinda bike. It's sorta my first build as a member here, it isn't much but I'm hoping I can get it all done. I'm aiming for rat rod, cafe racer, dirt track/board track, klunker amalgation of parts that hopefully in the end turn in to something that looks great and does what I want.

It didn't have handle bars on it so I put these on it:

I want to keep the drops or a set of drops on it,but I'm also thinking flatbars or upside down sweptbacks.

I installed a discbrake fork from a salvaged genesis v2100, next is to put the disc back on the swift arriv wheel. I'm also putting it's bobbed fenders back on it. currently, I'm using the flame tires from my other cruiser. I'm not sure about what tires to get, so those will work for now.

This is so hard to do on a phone. I had gole and red paint pens lying around, so I did a free handed paintjob on it until I can actually repaint it. I need to track down a new crank arm because the left side is stripped. I want a larger crank on the thing as well. I don't know how the rear wheel got so warped, but it needs to be replaced. I'm thinking of building one, but I don't know if I should keep the coasterbrake or not.

pegs for an unsuspecting passenger

These are much better than those tiny drops

Yeah, I just currently don't have room in the kitchen to take a whole pic of it. I'll hafta stop being lazy and drag it outside for a pic if the whole thing. I'll get a pic of the fork too. I find it weird looking, it is a strong fork though.

I want to rebuild the rear wheel with a new rim. It'll be my first attempt ever. I'm hoping to use one of the wheels from the mongoose deception because I'm tired of it. keeping the coaster for now.

This has to be the biggest bike I own. the wheelbase measures 48inches center to center which is 4 feet. I do have some pics to post, I just havent had time to put them up. It rides pretty good, the cheapo fork is pretty stiff- a good thing. steering angle is actually the same as the genesis it came from. Normally walmart bikes are known for their lazy boy ride, soaking up power strokes. It doesnt have that progressive rate feel either that all the hard tail and f/s mongooses Ive had, had. It also likes to turn, I feel like I'm on a motorcycle.

I decided the coaster will stay on this bike. It does coast. the brake starts to engage as soon as you back pedal. It does have freeplay around 1/4 stroke before it takes off. My other cruiser has freeplay each way. I was kinda upset about such a large bike having a 24t sprocket. Even with the 44t mtb crank, it's slow, yet acceleration is great. I think that will stay too.

I just added a suspension post because I'm in the saddle more on this bike. the chung zhou flame tirez are actual rubber, not nylon like most tires. the ride is smooth on these thick 2.125 tires. theyve only gotten one flat since I've had them. I've actual haven't had to use rhe disc brake that much to stop. the next thing on the list is to build a light for the front out of this neat flashlight I found. I can't wait to build a new rear rim, so I can put the fenders on it.

Latest posts

Back