the spaceracer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok! :D i`ll be using my christmas day score.like i had mentioned earlier, i`ll be using the frame,bearings,and part of the forks. i have an extra rat trap,but i need to check the dimensions and the threads on it. i`m shootin` for an early 60`s street racer/flat tracker vibe. something evil,but of course,good evil! :D :D :D
DSCN0280.jpg
DSCN0281.jpg
DSCN0283.jpg

been wanting to see this thing unwrapped for a while!
the suspense is killing me.

well, my $9 cheng shins came in yesterday,so time to go to work! :D mounted them on a set of all black weinmann rims,that i borrowed from my rollfast build. got the vntg. hot rod look i was after.
DSCN0318.jpg
decided against the fork flip,so i pulled out these 1" threaded triple tree forks, i`ve bee saving.
DSCN0307.jpg
kept playing with the forks until i found the sweet spot.should have it done tom.
DSCN0311.jpg
some mock up shots! :D

the tires are from niagra cycle works. they are $9.16 a pop! :D nirve sells the same tire as the classic,for $19.99! :?

Triple tree!...Perfect choice!

Cool! Thanks for the reply, I'll probably buy some of those down the road a ways.

well,today i got around to finishing up the forks, stem and bars! i decided to run the fork tubes 1" over,then put rubber fork boots on,to try for a fake suspension look.
DSCN0328.jpg
DSCN0335.jpg
the spacy lookin` stem,is an 80`s sakae mtb stem,that i wire brushed the old blk. paint off and clear coated the bare metal. the bars are chrome clubman style bars that i cut 1-1/2" off of both ends.i might narrow them up a tad more! :D
DSCN0334.jpg
lastly i found some old bmx grips that kinda matched the tires ok.
DSCN0338.jpg
. also painted the sprocket today,and if the weather stays warm, i`ll put together the drivetrain on wed.! :D happy building! :D :D

Latest posts

Back