The Sucker Punch (New Bars- what do you think?)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ I can't take credit for it, SleeperSedan says it, and every time he does I crack up. cheers

ern said:
I'm kind of bored so I figured I'd mess around with the bike. The other bars look great but make it difficult to ride the bike for me. I'm 6'1".
These bars help me get a little more upright. Who knows I might change them back tomorrow. :shock:

I think I'll hold on to those bars, I'm building up a fixie they might be going on. :D

Thanks for the opinions!

I want bars like that for my own fixie project...did you modify some or buy as is?

BoLiles said:
ern said:
I'm kind of bored so I figured I'd mess around with the bike. The other bars look great but make it difficult to ride the bike for me. I'm 6'1".
These bars help me get a little more upright. Who knows I might change them back tomorrow. :shock:

I think I'll hold on to those bars, I'm building up a fixie they might be going on. :D

Thanks for the opinions!

I want bars like that for my own fixie project...did you modify some or buy as is?

I got them as is. I don't remember the brand right now. I'll check and PM you later tonight.

I dig the new bars. That bar/fork combination remind me of the forks and bars on Evel Knievel's Harley.

Evel%20Knievel%20motorcycle.jpg

i like the original bars better but the new ones do give it a motorcycle look. what about a mtb riser bar fliped. that is my style that i like to use it is comfortable and the bars dont get into your knees too bad

karfer67 said:
i like the original bars better but the new ones do give it a motorcycle look. what about a mtb riser bar fliped. that is my style that i like to use it is comfortable and the bars dont get into your knees too bad

It's funny you say that. This was my original idea. I think it looks awesome but may be difficult to ride.
ogbars.jpg

no u have the right idea just the wrong bars. see how after the drop the go down at an angle on each side? find a set that after the drop go straight out to the sides. then narrow them a bit and u will be pleased

chainganglowrider said:
I love that frame, did you say they are available to buy brand new ? I'd love to pick up a couple.

Curtis

Thanks. No, they are not available to buy new anymore. This is a frame that Cleveland Welding made to commemorate the Roadmaster Luxury Liner.
If I'm not mistaken it was in the mid 80's. This particular frame was just never used or assembled.

Latest posts

Back