The Victim Gone to its new home

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Victim

Thanks Jaysmo. The whole reason I build is to convince yall to try it. Its really not that hard if you just try.
I look at stuff in life and figure if someone can do it then I can too. This should be the same way

I have the first bondo coat on and partially sanded. I still have a ways to go , but it is getting there.
Did anybody remembering me saying I HATE BONDO and SANDING! oh well

As others have stated, this looks great. You have stayed true to the Workman lines so well, that if I didn't know any better, I would believe this is a 'prototype' Worksman stretch.

Hey designers at Worksman, if you're reading this, you're welcome! :mrgreen:

Build on brother, this is going to a great guy.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Thanks Dr T . I think Worksman sells enough of the regular ones that they won't be changing what they produce
anytime soon. It made me laugh though.

Ok this is pretty much done as far as the bondo/sanding stuff goes. If It was the only bike I had in the world
I might sand it one more time. I'm through sanding. So after the nitro stan dries tomorrow I will shoot some
primer on it. It looks pretty good. so far.
DSCF0001-152.jpg

yes unk i agree.. i just need the tools and to build a niffty lil table as you have... im actually almost threre i got my wifes unk looking for the metal to convert my work bench .. all i have to do is convince my wife we need a welder.. maybe i can break a leg off one her metal end tables..ummm :p

I looked at a welder at Harbor freight the other day. That cheap one they have , only has two settings. I'm not sure I
could do anything with it. I kinda believe you get what you pay for on a welder. My Miller cricket is 110v and I have seriously
used it for about 40 years with only changing the gun a few months ago. Been a gooden. My welding table was just fixed with
a metal dolly and my vise is probably 40 years old and cost me $27. Look for deals and you can be building cheap.

Yeah now thats what I'm saying....you can't catch a fish if you don't go to the water. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
Thanks Jaysmo. The whole reason I build is to convince yall to try it. Its really not that hard if you just try.
I look at stuff in life and figure if someone can do it then I can too. This should be the same way

I have the first bondo coat on and partially sanded. I still have a ways to go , but it is getting there.
Did anybody remembering me saying I HATE BONDO and SANDING! oh well

I would be thrilled to be an apprentice if you would be willing to teach. I have a bike frame in mind that I would love to build. I have my own welder just need some guidance on how to bend tubing, limitations and tack weld her together. oh and most important how to make sure its straight and getting the chain line figured out.

heck now that I write it out I need a lot of help

The problem is you have a busy life and live across the world from me. :D
Watch most of the people here that want to build bikes, do like I did . Pick up a few frames from Chuck,
and cut them apart ...then weld them back together and make something pretty. If its ugly ...throw it away
and get a couple more from Chuck and try again.
It looks like you want me to build you a looptail frame. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
The problem is you have a busy life and live across the world from me. :D
Watch most of the people here that want to build bikes, do like I did . Pick up a few frames from Chuck,
and cut them apart ...then weld them back together and make something pretty. If its ugly ...throw it away
and get a couple more from Chuck and try again.
It looks like you want me to build you a looptail frame. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

haha, I do live pretty far from everything.

With limited space its hard to invest in tooling knowing they are just going to take up space. I already have a storage unit 11x25 where I keep most of my stuff.

Getting the tubing bent and setting up a straight frame /correct chain line I think would be my biggest challenges.

Looks good Uncle Stretch. You gotta get some real glazing putty though!That stuff has come along way since the 80's! :p
So much better than the stock frame. Now it looks right even with the second top tube for a down tube!

*disclaimer* I was just joking around. I'm sure Uncle Stretch knows this but this is for those who don't.

Uncle Stretch said:
They are. :wink: Its a JD2 bender...about $550....worth every penny though.

... that's a lot of bowling :mrgreen:

Can't post without a compliment on a cool worksman rehab like that though. Awesome as always UncleS :!:

amazing work !!

i "googled" it so now i know what it is......
tell me more about this nitro stan stuff :D . is it easy to find?
i love the oportunity to use old school techniques whenever i get the chance.
8)

Sensor you know how long a tube of that stuff lasts. I just cheat by smearing it on anyway. :oops: :oops:

CCR even when I bought that bender, I thought it was way too expensive , but when you stick one on CL for sale,
they last about 5 seconds and they always get their money back.

Junk when you do bondo work it leaves little holes in it. The Nitro Stan is really just primer in a tube.
Its made to fill up small imperfections. I use it to be lazy. I guess you can buy it at any auto supply store
that sells body work stuff. Sandpaper...strainer funnels...stuff like that.

Re: The Victim With paint

Ok I know this probably won't be the color Chuck chooses, but hey I'm the spraycan operator. :lol:

It looks pretty good for a stretch.
DSCF0002-132.jpg

Latest posts

Back