The Wonky Donkey

Discussion in 'BUILDS' started by MattiThundrrr, Sep 11, 2019.

1. RustyGold

RustyGold

Will not like that post...:speechless:

Grant likes this.
  2. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

Well, seat is covered. It kinda worked, almost.
    Used old can of Elmer's spray glue to stick foam to seat. Then glued denim to foam. Stuck it in a plastic bag and wrapped it all in tape to keep shizz tight. Thought about leaving it like that... IMG_20200114_124155832_BURST001.jpg
    Not too bad for a donkey, right?
    The Director of Taste, Keeper of Common Sense, the lovely Ms Thundrrr, thought it might be a bit uncomfortable and a lot ugly, so I proceeded. Removed wrap, trimmed excess denim, and surveyed the damages. IMG_20200115_101515874.jpg Uh oh, this might actually look good. No worries, Matti to the wreck-scue! In an attempt to parody the rivets on a Brooks, I tried screws and washers to hold it down. Not so much... Just shredded the jeans a bit and ratted the foam some more. Staples it is! IMG_20200115_114940506.jpg That's where we're at now. My stapler isn't strong enough to get all the way through the seat, so I had to push em in with pliers. Also, can't remove the rails, and they're stopping me from getting staples in the sides. Last one is at the alligator clamp, next one is at the nose where the rails meet the seat. Any ideas?

3. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

PS apologies to any upholsterers

RustyGold and Grant like this.
  4. Wildcat

Wildcat

5. Grant

Grant

As a kid, I remember some older guy showed us this BattleBot type thing, but smaller and much more archaic. It had a cord that connected it to the remote. It had tank tracks that were smooth, but he glued rubber treads to them. He said that they kept falling off, so he used this SUPER high strength glue that you needed to go through training and have a license to even own a container. The treads fell off. I think the tracks were old treadmill belts and he glued strips of MTB tires to the treadmill belts.

MattiThundrrr likes this.
  6. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

I would have used glue already, but couldn't get the cap off my non aerosol tube. Some a$$hat glued it shut!

Grant likes this.
  7. sandman

sandman

Shoe Goo

Grant and handyandy1100 like this.
  8. Grant

Grant

My 2 brilliant ideas.
    20200115_143744.jpg
    20200115_100947.jpg

9. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

I am sort of considering the zip tie brake pull. It's a donkey, you gotta be able to pull the reigns

10. SpikeFC

SpikeFC

I remember those frames! It's a thing that everybody wanted in the early 2000's, and after a year or two, nobody want to hear about them :21: