There's a reason it looks like garbage

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
It is. Everything on this bike was thrown away by some stupid schmuck at some point. The frame has seen at least a few riders, with the house paint, and UMaine stencling. This was first a privately owned red mountain bike, earlyish and cheapish by the geo, 10/20 looking tubing and rear brake cable stop. Check out all the rack gussets! Then it was a community bicycle, in a time when people left other people's metal well enough alone. After that, it was owned by one individual as evidenced by the university sticker which I know to be decades newer than that paint job. Then it was left behind a lbs by a local ss nut. Next it goes to my broke as dirt neighbor. Hes a student, a hipster, and a nice guy. He's a passionate rider, and I'll get better marketing out of giving this bike away than I could pay for. I prefer word of mouth anyways. In my own 20s i was a whiskey in the water bottle kinda guy. Teetotaler now. I robbed the "headbadge" along with an empty 12oz version from said hipster's bin, which I think will fit the space better, but hes a tall boy, its a tall bike, so the pounder tin works well too. What to do?

Any advice on how to fancy up this badge up before I give it to him?
upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I have used old cans as badges and straps. what I do is find a nice straight work bench edge and lightly hammer over a fold around all the edges. It gives it a finished look. Example would be the beer can tank straps on the bike below...

Screenshot_2015-03-19-11-10-03-1.png

Latest posts

Back