Tire Paint

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://duplicolor.com/training/hottires_training.html

Video on applying Dupli-Color Hot Tires paint markers. Red, White and Yellow.

These look a lot like Testors paint markers and I have been looking for a light blue to do my '74 Collegiate tires. The Testors stuff is just enamel I believe, so in theory spray paint might work. I'm going to give it a try.
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He just said..

"If you get any on the Black and you need to get it off,
just use some Acetone to remove it"

Acetone is "Nail Polish Remover"
Acetone is also what removes Acrylic Paint..
It will not remove Alkyd or laquer Paints..
Acetone will ONLY remove Acrylic Paint.

so, that being said, The paint Pens he is using
are Acrylic.
And Micheals Craft Center carries Acrylic Pens in MANY
colors..I just bought 3 pens last week and made T-Shirts with my Kids.

And The craft center has MULTIPLE COLORS.

Thanks for sharing the Link and Video.
I am going to do a Sample Tire in The Pen's I have,

Kev.
 
Sep 12, 2006
1,189
518
SO CAL.
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
iRide Custom Bicycles said:
If you want to make white walls, try white shoe polish. It takes a whole lotta coats but it works pretty good.

Here's a sample...

wow that looks great can we get a close up :?: :?: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
 
Sep 12, 2006
1,189
518
SO CAL.
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
tomb said:
i've heard of that krylon fusion paint working pretty good for tires (cheap whitewalls, specifically)
heres a HAMB link: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/show ... rylon+tire

Ive always wondered while passing the spray paint isle, Now that I have a few old blk walls its time to start testing
:p :p :p :p

Interesting CAT fight, seems to me though, that iff the guy talking crap about some ones ride, no ones going to listen to him= iff no ones listening then it does not matter how much he knows= no ones listening = he knows nothing, :| ...Beatles NOWHERE MAN
 
Mar 21, 2007
688
2
Kalamazoo
WWW.AZZOO2.COM
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
outsider13 said:
Interesting CAT fight, seems to me though, that iff the guy talking crap about some ones ride, no ones going to listen to him= iff no ones listening then it does not matter how much he knows= no ones listening = he knows nothing, :| ...Beatles NOWHERE MAN
yeah, that place is full of some sensitive whiney people, thats why i dont hang out there much anymore. I GREATLY prefer the envronment around here!
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
outsider13 said:
iRide Custom Bicycles said:
If you want to make white walls, try white shoe polish. It takes a whole lotta coats but it works pretty good.





wow that looks great can we get a close up :?: :?: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
What did you want a close-up of? The tires something on the bike?

Dan
 
Mar 29, 2007
168
0
~Juno Beach~
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had good luck boiling small plastic parts in
RIT Tie Dye colors ...I was thinking of boiling up some
ugly fuschia to tint the white walls on my commuter rat.
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-=RaTb0y=- said:
I have had good luck boiling small plastic parts in
RIT Tie Dye colors ...I was thinking of boiling up some
ugly fuschia to tint the white walls on my commuter rat.
I was wondering if RIT would work on white walls. Do you have any pics?...Kelly
 
Mar 29, 2007
168
0
~Juno Beach~
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nogoodnic42 said:
I was wondering if RIT would work on white walls. Do you have any pics?...Kelly
When I do it, Ill post results...Im trying to think of a way to
boil the tire. Right now it appears I might have to get a HUGE
pot like you would boil a 25lb buzzard in and stand there and
rotate the tire while the mixure is boiling. This is one undertaking
best done when my wife is going to be out for a while ! :mrgreen: