Todays Score, What is it????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So today me and one of my fellow ratrod bike friends Jay Hollopeter, head to OKC were I bought these two bikes, Yellow bike missing it's markings but know its a Murray maybe labeled differently at other department stores, it's a Dyna Shift 5-Speed and looks to be a pretty clean survivor. The Silver bike is what really confused me It has Rallye on the nose and a decal Mig Welded Heavy duty frame, Street Ready, also Triple Braking system, I have figured it out to be a Columbia Muscle Bike but can only find 3-5 speed, this one is a 10 speed, also I read this was at the transition from muscle to BMX era. Anyone know these bikes???

Never seen a bike like the chrome bike but looks like they put 70s parts on an 80s frame. And the copper tone bikes from the buzz bike family. Both have nice ram horn bars.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

The guy that I bought them from said he had several calls wanting him to ship them to California and one guy was going to drive up today from Huston TX to get them, he held them for me an I went to OKC early this morning to pick them up.

Got 2 left hands (plus your right?) to operate those triple brakes?

Wow. I would change out the cable housings on the chrome bike to make them all the same color and just clean the bikes up. Maybe look for more age appropriate pedals.

I've seen more recent Rallye bikes in adult sizes. Here is a photo I took of the head tube sticker:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rickpaulos/8566037491/

the silver bike looks like some one at the warehouse for Murray(?) said..."Hey, we should make a model of bike with all the leftover parts we have!" It seems to have every extreme part ever made. Double high sissy bar -CHECk. Drum front wheel-CHECK. Weird rams horn bars? CHECK. strange upturned banana seat? CHECK. 10 speed cluster on 20 inch rims? CHECK!

javimanic said:
the silver bike looks like some one at the warehouse for Murray(?) said..."Hey, we should make a model of bike with all the leftover parts we have!" It seems to have every extreme part ever made. Double high sissy bar -CHECk. Drum front wheel-CHECK. Weird rams horn bars? CHECK. strange upturned banana seat? CHECK. 10 speed cluster on 20 inch rims? CHECK!

+ Sprockets from an adult 10 speed. Check
+ shift levers from a 10 speed racer. Check

The seat has the same shape as the gold bike next to it.

20" drum brake front wheel? What other bike could that have ever come from?

I thought the CPSC banned those tall sissy bars in the mid 70's the same time about the stick shifter got sent packing? hard to believe a company in the 80's built a bike with the nutso seat strut like that. Is this really stock?? the sticker says triple brake system...darn it..so confusing.

Ha, Love It!..... Check 8) Though it just don't make sense that a company made it, I my-self thought it must be a Frankenstein Bike but as I keep looking at little detail the more I feel it's basically correct. Would love to Solve this and wish I could find out more about Rallye.

Nice score!

I saw those on CL actually...my friend was the one driving up to see them from TX :)

The gold one is a Murray F Series Eliminator. Not sure of the badge it had on it, but might have been an Otasco, since that was close to OKC. Could have also been a BF Goodrich branded bike, I have seen several that are Murray F Series frames with Rams Horn bars like that. The best part of that bike is the seat! Looks like it is in killer condition, those are tough ones to find!

The other one is a BMX Muscle Bike I guess lol. I think it was some extra parts and someone added them to a BMX frame. I would strip the cool parts and add them to something more fitting and ride.

Nice finds! Congrats!

Also...

Those sissy bars are on backward :)

Thanks rfeagleye, still not sure on the Silver bike but maybe at one point they added the sissy bar ram horns and seat to try to match the bikes, to similar in those ways, I would think every thing else is correct on the bike.

Latest posts

Back