Tractorliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen a lot of Stretched Bikes and Customs ,Bet i'll never see another one of these , Cong rats , Deven !

~RafaeL~

Made a couple of changes to get it riding better. I swapped out the 26T chainring in the front for a 22T, making it a little easier to pedal, and also lifting the chain off of the frame, eliminating the need for the little piece of PVC I had on the chain stays to stop the rubbing. I also swapped out for a shorter crank, so it doesn't scrape on the ground anymore.
IMG_2422_zpsfd389feb.jpg

IMG_2423_zpsd6eafdee.jpg

One of the other big issues I was having was that the 2.35" tires were a little too wide for these old forks. It tended to rub a little bit on each side, depending on which way I was slightly turning, etc. I thought I might have to switch to 2.1" tires, but then a friend just suggested adding a washer or two to give the tire more space. So simple!
IMG_2424_zps7c4d4152.jpg

You can see the shiny washers I placed on each side just to move the fork out at the pivot point. It only gives me like 3/16" more, but from my test ride, that seems to be enough. I didn't see it rubbing anymore.

There's only two things left to do. I have to re-drill the hole for the coaster brake arm (different chainring moved the axle spot), and then decide on what to do about the frame's finish. That's it.

Looks so cool!:cool2:

Before you start with the paint, I have to pitch an idea to you. For a while I've been thinking that the bottom tube (not sure what else to call it) might look really good if it matched the shape of the top tube flipped over. It seems like by making the square corner softer, it might possibly flow better with the other curves in the frame and tank. With your skills, it wouldn't be difficult to change, but of course it's just an idea, and may not be something that you'd like.:)

From the tank forward you have alot of detail but from there back it is pretty simple. A little more bites and pieces might give it visual balance. Maybe a crash bar on the seat???

It never really ends does it? Me like mucho.....My only question now is.....
Where is the Three-Point Hitch? Will it ever be able to pull
various implements??:43:

No suggestions from me. I like it the way it is. I'm very picky about my bikes and I don't ride ugly bikes, so rather you paint it or not I would ride it. This bike has inspired my imagination for a future bike. Nice job Deven.

From the tank forward you have alot of detail but from there back it is pretty simple. A little more bites and pieces might give it visual balance. Maybe a crash bar on the seat???

I see what you're saying. One thing I'm on the lookout for is a saddlebag of some type that I can hang in that space in front/bellow the seat.

Any updates before Shiny Side?

Latest posts

Back