Tribute to our friends

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the compliments! That is what keeps us rollin' :wink:
Dr. Tankenstein said:
Can you give us a pic of the whole frame so far? I'm trying to put this all together in my brain and it hurts....a little. :roll:

Cheers,
Dr. T
This is a picture my dad took in April. Right now the bike is in pieces, so it's the most recent picture we have.This was before we had most of the work on the seat done though...
StocktonApril2011081.jpg

Hoping to get some work done on the seat and the fender this weekend...
greg66 said:
MARK COME GET YOUR CHAIN.A CUSTOM BIKE NEEDS A NICE CHAIN. :wink:
My dad said thanks for the chain. He's given it away already. :wink:
I'm looking forward to having a chain with such a fine pedigree on my bike. :)

It's a real treat to watch this build! You're doing a great job with all the modifications and things you build for the bike, and everytime I check out your updates you've done something to make it look even better than before. :)

Thanks for all the compliments guys!
I started my seat with a garden kneeling pad I got at Home Depot. (thanks to scrumblero for the suggestion) I cut it out in the shape of my seat with a mini hacksaw...
fixinaseat018.jpg

fixinaseat026.jpg

After spray painting the seat to help seal the wood, a piece of foam was cut diagonally to fit so that the seat would be more rounded...
test fit:
fixinaseat048.jpg

being stuck on with contact cement:
fixinaseat059.jpg

Here is the actual seat after cementing on two layers of kneeling pad...
b26bb033.jpg

Later we added a layer of 1" thick foam (which can be seen in the above picture) and attempted a temporary vinyl seat cover... :wink:

Hi all.

Awesome work so far! I continue to watch this project with great interest. I have also just discovered the Tapatalk iPhone/iPad app, so I can now keep up with various forums while on the go. Great!

I still have my first bike build in the works and will post something of it soon. That will be included with a website launch, so you'll be able to see the project there.

Keep up the good work. There are some of us salivating for more. : )

Cheers

MiKe

That's looking soooo good! Really like the extended bottom tube, probably feels a lot less 'cramped' now.

Can't wait until this is finished and thanks SO MUCH for the help and encouragement with my build-off entry.

Cheers to you both!

Dr. T

A note of admiration from about a thousand fans of a remarkable young lady: Anticonformity.

A lot of men into bicycles are watching your build, men from 13 to at least 59. They watch with envy and admiration as you demonstrate a level of expertise, creativity, design sense and savvy most of us can only hope to attain in 26 years. (or longer). They admire your shop and access, as well as your work ethic.

And you're not trying to be different like everyone else, you are different, because you have distinguished yourself. Your father must be justly proud, and should be proud of his own willingness to help & inspire.
I enjoy every update, and I can't wait to see it finished.

Yeah! What Elmer said!

Seriously - awesome to see a father/daughter combo like you too!!

All fathers would be glad to have a daughter like anticonformity and all kids - daughters and sons alike - would be glad to have a dad like Fireproof!

You're both an inspiration!

Thank you all for the compliments!
Just got a good look at my new chain yesterday, wanted to say thanks again to greg66 for donating it to my project.
morebikework162.jpg
It's definitely nice to have a KMC chain with the hollow pins and everything. This is gonna save me hours of scrubbing my old chain.

Very cool chain 8) Just one of many great details on this bike! :)

Hey ! the seat is looking great! 8)

let me know if I can help with sewing the cover together :mrgreen:

looking good! looking good! 8) 8)

greg66 said:
FRIENDS HELPING WITH WHAT THEY CAN TO HELP REPLACE WHAT WAS STOLEN FROM YOU.
Thanks a bunch, Greg! You have been stepping-up to help all along the way! Thank you! 8)

theVULTURE said:
let me know if I can help with sewing the cover together.
Thanks Vulture! I was hoping to see ya Saturday night . . . missed not riding with you! We were having problems and for sure need help. We would love to have you do the seat! :)

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

How did I miss this build!!! I just went through all 22 pages (pictures only so far). There is some awesome fab work going on here.
Really creative artistic ideas as well.
BRAVO!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back