"Trot Rot"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hay man check out that a low rider ! low & slow brother ...
76ae0bd476216635593ed3d53d6df49d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance of a 'KOTA fork' ending up on this slick scoot?

I couldn't imagine "trying" to steer with one of my bent forks and that much rake to begin with. It would make for a wicked looking front end though!

Well had some time tonight. The "main" frame is done. Had a fair amount of trouble with the side tubes. I couldn't get the front of the tubes to miter in the way I wanted, so it's off to plan B. These old bikes are sometimes a challenge. They have some rust on the inside of the frame making it difficult to weld, if you don't wire brush....I didn't, so there was a lot of sparks flying. I had also forgotten that they didn't weld back then, they brazed....another challenging moment. All in all I'm satisfied with the main frame. It's nice and straight and rock solid...The rear brace is from the donor. It's 5" of rear tube and the drop out. It will double as a support, to make the rear nice and solid, and also as a mount for the rear carrier. The ends will be trimmed .

Still a lot left to do, but the hardest part is done.

100_0057.JPG

100_0058.JPG

100_0060.JPG

I always wonder about single tube frames...

Carl.
There's two more tubes coming, one on each side. Then the "twin" top tubes will come down to each of those.

There's two more tubes coming, one on each side. Then the "twin" top tubes will come down to each of those.
Cool. It looked like maybe that's what was going to happen but I did't want to jump to conclusions.
It's looking good sensei.
Carl.

Cool. It looked like maybe that's what was going to happen but I did't want to jump to conclusions.
It's looking good sensei.
Carl.
The ones I was supposed to use....I screwed them up beyond recognition. But I think plan "B" will actually be better. I'm going to have to break down and buy about 8' of tubing.

This update is for Jake!

Got some steel tubing. Might fabricate gate hinges for rear dropouts.. Will use a rear rack. Decided not to use any fenders. New tires ordered.

100_0073.JPG

100_0068.JPG

100_0072.JPG

Last edited:
Man, I like this scoot! The rake is wicked, but the apehangers should offset some/most of it. That tank would be an awesome place to mount a Bluetooth speaker...
Did I mention that I REALLY like this? Because I REALLY LIKE THIS

I WANT ONE TOO. WITH A SEAT ON MINE THOUGH[emoji48] GTF!! PEACE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back