Trucktrike WBO 2017 (Done)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the looks of this! Primer red on a truck, perfect. Just thinking out loud here, perhaps a wooden stake box in the rear would add to the vintage hot rod / rat rod look of your 'truck'...?
Or maybe some script on the tank?
stakeboxtruck.JPG

redprimerpickup.jpg

Yep, sorry for the following can't help myself, you nailed it but I'll use screws, truck deck next hopefully! Love the Hank's Garage hauler, she's
a gem!

Last edited:
Bit more happening, fenders front and rear on, she’s got a tray now, yep a big tray, happy to hear what everybody thinks, maybe too big but really wanted to be able to carry a load. You can see a few more bits to be added in the tray.

P1247383_zpsrmenixd0.jpg

P1247385_zpss4m60oaq.jpg

That bed looks awesome and not too long at all.
I love these winter build offs just for the sake that it's summer for you folks in the southern hemisphere. I love seeing the awesome stuff you guys come up with. I've been waiting to see this one closing in on completion. Great job so far.:thumbsup:

I remember you starting this a while back . It was pretty cool but now this WAY COOLER . I've always liked satin colors perfect for the old school look . The wood bed with the steak body came out great & the rear fenders ties it all together .
Stay cool as that trike and you will make it through another summer . [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very inventive build. I love the way you cobble these bikes together and they always look so mean.
I understand it's a smallish population out there, do you 'trade' or barter these builds?
I'm bettin' you're the 'go to' bike guy on the Island.
:happy:
franco

Missing Link.
That bed looks awesome and not too long at all. I love these winter build offs just for the sake that it's summer for you folks in the southern hemisphere. I love seeing the awesome stuff you guys come up with. I've been waiting to see this one closing in on completion. Great job so far.

Thanks, I think the longer bed sort of suits the longer front end brings
a bit of balance. Been a hot and very dry summer, we are on tanks for
our water and down to our last two, hope the drought breaks soon.
Good weather for painting and bike building not dealing with snow
and cold like some of you folk!

G Matt
I remember you starting this a while back . It was pretty cool but now this WAY COOLER . I've always liked satin colors perfect for the old school look . The wood bed with the steak body came out great & the rear fenders ties it all together . Stay cool as that trike and you will make it through another summer .
emoji1303.png

Was reading about this "suede look" apparently popular on the 90's sorta
going for finished mechanically but run out of money and can't afford or
decide what top coat to do. I like how you call the colour steak!
(yep thanks how we spell colour!)

franconuevo
Very inventive build. I love the way you cobble these bikes together and they always look so mean. I understand it's a smallish population out there, do you 'trade' or barter these builds? I'm bettin' you're the 'go to' bike guy on the Island.

I am lucky that no one else is into bikes to the extent I am, a lot of the
locals think I'm a bit nuts to be honest. I have to admit I am a bit
obsessed and yeah I do a few repairs for people. This forum is great,
so many like minded people building mind blowing bikes.

Last edited:
Holy Moly !!!:43:
I have been missing this build.
Looks fantastic.
I was thinking to enter a trike build,but thought it be to much,work.
Something similar to this has been scribbled down in my bike sketch pad for a few years.
And then thought to enter the muscle build with a FJ ute style
holden-fj-ute-main-1422-nw.jpg

You have inspired me. now, to build 2 trikes...

Pushie, you have really nailed the look on this trike with that rear stake box! I typically am not a big trike fan, but this one I would proudly ride, no doubt about it!

I think it looks 'finished' the way it stands...that primer red with the satin sheen, like G said ^ works so well with the box.

The way you capped your corners on the stake bed with the old boards and then fit the new lumber in with it; genius!

I could see some seat-matching grips on this build, get your lights set up, and call it good!
:thumbsup::praise:

I like it! It's just retro enough.

Guitarl.

sent from a banana phone...

Its amazing how far you have taken this bike so far. I really didnt care for the bike in its original form and I'm not much of a trike guy, but this one is a winner! Cant wait to see the finished product.

Thanks folks, grateful for your comments, wow I am surprised Funkme,
someone from Mykonos actually knows what a FJ Holden is!

Pleased people think she has a retro look, wanted low, hotrod with a bit of an unfinished look. Best think about this bike my only investment, a seat, some paint and my time. She is a bike built from bits pulled of the local waste management facilities scrap metal pile!

Incredible!
I really like these kind of builds. Love the functionality of work bikes, cycle trucks, cargo bikes....all that.
Way to go on the look you've achieved !

Done and dusted, took her down to my local beach for a photo secession,
you can see how dry it has been check all the dead grass!
IMG_6723_zpssrykcpkj.jpg

Yep got the lights fitted and they work, see the battery box under the seat.
IMG_6727_zps1umzacci.jpg

IMG_6730_zps4g6rr0ts.jpg

Nice old spotty as a headlight, the do-dat on the fender is an aerial topper that I purchased at a hot rod show some time back.
IMG_6765_zps4lquc4ci.jpg

Tail light an after market stop light with a Hawaiian cycle number plate.
IMG_6774_zpsocandf3d.jpg

A where she came from therm end up picy, started with the orange
e-chopper, used the front half, much modded on the trucktrike, then
used the rear end forthe back half of the “Humulis Hog” entered in
BO 10, see link below.
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/mbbo-4-class-2-humilis-hog.94245/page-2

IMG_6737_zpsahzo853e.jpg

Now for a bit of trivia, can anyone recognise the islands and the beach in
these pic's featured in a recent film with a crazy rouge beast of the sea?
IMG_6725_zpseibeezxf.jpg

Last edited:
Well done, whole thing looks great. I like also how the battery box blends in and doesn't look like an afterthought.
I'd ride it.

Not sure on the island or the movie, I guess as long as there are no dinosaurs, Dr. Moreau, or Lord of the flies kids.... Everything should be fine.

Came out perfect [emoji1305] that front fender , head light & wooden box really set this bike off . Well done [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back